three: what the f-

I couldn't sleep at all for some reason, so instead of wasting time I went out through the window and made my way over to the security walls of UA. I climbed over it without triggering anything then started walking casually.

I just need some fresh air, the air here is suffocation me.

The town's still alive even during the night. Lights, music, and people everywhere.

I have to admit, I missed walking around at night not knowing where I'm going. I turned to every street I could pass until I familiarized myself with the place.

"Mommy!" A small hand took hold of mine and I turned around to see a child. "O-Oh.. I'm sorry, miss. Have you seen my mommy?"

I knelt down in front of him, his hand still in mine. "No, but I can help you look for her. Where did you last saw her?"

"At the shopping district, she told me to sit down on a chair and wait, but the man with a cloud-stick told me that he would give me candy if I went with him. I ended up losing him too."

I ruffled his hair and smiled. "Okay, I'll help you find your mommy. But first, I want you to point out the man with a cloud-stick so I can get the candy he promised you."

"Okay." The little boy nodded then pulled me where he last saw the man. He didn't have to point him out, it was obvious from the smell of smoke coming out of a cigarette from a man who walked into an alley way.

"Stay here." I snapped my fingers and created a small flying spark to keep him company.

"A fairy!" He giggled.

I couldn't help but smile at the boy. "Be good, okay?"

"Okay, miss."

With one last glance at him, I walked into the same dark alley and saw the man leaning against the wall.

I conjured out my scythe then lunged at him.

~

"Oh my god- Rin! Where were you?! I've been worried sick trying to find you!" The woman who resembled the boy picked him up and hugged him tightly. "Don't you ever scare mommy like that ever again, okay?! I even had the police searching for you."

"Don't worry, mommy. The lady with the cloud-stick helped me find you, she's-.. where did she go?" He turned his head both ways, probably trying to find me in the thick crowd.

"Who are you looking for, Rin?"

"The lady with a cloud-stick."

"Cloud-stick?"

I blew out a fair amount of smoke from the cigarette stick as I walked past the same alleyway.

What's new is the long yellow tapes saying 'Do Not Cross' with a bunch of policemen on the other side of it.

Sure, I'm no god to put judgement into my own hands. But if I let the innocent die on my watch, that's just plain immoral.

I smirked, the roll of tobacco between my fingers. "Cloud-stick, huh? Cute little Rin."

~

I'll be damned if I'm late for the first day when school's literally just a few steps from my dorm.

I'm actually a bit too early, I ended up being the first one in the classroom. I stood near the windows to check out the view outside. It looks so peaceful in the early morning.

I jumped when the classroom door slipped open to reveal Shouto looking good in a uniform. "G'morning." I greeted.

He simply narrowed his eyes at me then sat at the back row. "I said g-"