sixteen: encounter

I pressed my back against the boulder that the lantern was on and cursed myself for being so hasty.

Great work Agatha, you deserve this shit. But I have to get out of here somehow.

Agh! I'm being so fucking hasty again- that's what got me here in the first place!

I sighed to myself.

Think, Agatha.

"Ah! Its so nice, the water's so warm!" Kirishima chirped. "Oh hey Todoroki, good to see you up. You missed a bunch of stuff today in training."

"My apologies." Shouto mumbled. "Recovery Girl used up most of my stamina to heal so I was in no condition to train. But I'm okay now and if you'll have me, I would like to join you all for the bonfire later."

Midoriya was quick to join into the conversation. "Of course, everyone's gonna be there since this is our last night."

"Yeah, and we'll tell spooky stories until the sun is up."

"All thanks to Kacchan who thought of having a bonfire in the first place."

I heard Katsuki click his tongue. "Don't get the wrong idea, Deku. If I didn't suggest a damn bonfire, we would've had to run another scare maze in those goddamn woods."

"Don't tell me you're scared of being kidnapped again Bakugou!" The redhead laughed.

"Shut up, fuckmunch!"

Just by the sound of it, I could tell Katsuki was chasing Kirishima around the spring- giving me less time to think of a way out of here.

I mean its not a bad plan to just wait until they're done, but that would risk me being caught. And I can't ask Shade for help. If Katsuki sees him, I'm dead for sure.

What would they think if they saw me in here?!

I lowered myself into the water when I heard the violent splashes getting closer.

"Calm down, man! I'm just kidding- ack!"

I covered my mouth when Kirishima stepped on my feet and- holy fucking shit!

HE WAS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME BUTT-NAKED!

I closed my eyes and tried forgetting about his huge- fucking damn it! Agh!

I'm gonna go mad in this place, I swear.

"I-I think I stepped on something."

"Serves you right, dickhead." Katsuki smacked the back of Kirishima's head before leaving, to my relief.

But what had me at the edge of my seat was when the redhead didn't move and kept staring in my direction until his face was as red as his hair.

He stumbled back in shock and ended up falling into the water, with wide eyes at the sight of me.

Without a second thought, I grasped at the shadow of his arm then dragged him against the boulder with me.

Kirishima went up for air immediately and turned his back to me. "W-What are you doing here?!" He whispered-shouted.

"T-This isn't what it looks like! I was in a hurry to get to the baths and ended up entering the wrong one." I bit my bottom lip in embarrassment. "You have to help me out of here.. please.."

His shoulders dropped as he cautiously turned around, careful not to look anywhere else other than my eyes. "I-I don't know how though."

"Just get me a towel and keep everyone else away, I'll handle the rest."