six: Mean Girls

I tied my hair back in a ponytail as I stared at myself in the mirror, though I still look like shit no matter the hairstyle.

After assessing that fact I got out of the room to meet Bakugou, only to bump into the last person I wanna see right now.

"What is he doing here?" I pointed at the half and half jerk standing in front of me.

Bakugou shrugged and started making his way down the hall. "He insisted."

Shouto scratched the back of his head when he handed me a bouquet of flowers. "For you."

I raised a brow at him.

"It was supposed to be a get-well gift."

"You of all people should know that I don't like flowers." I waved the bouquet out of my face and walked past him.

But the bastard just couldn't take a hint.

"Can we talk?"

"No."

He caught my wrist and spun me around. "Aggy-"

"Oh so now you call me Aggy? What the fuck is wrong with you, huh?"

Shouto looked hurt with his mouth agaped. It was the same look he had when I left him and it still stings whenever I recall it.

Even Bakugou had to stop to look back at us.

"Just.. stop." I tugged back hand back from his grip. "Shouto, I wanted to win back your trust, I really did, but now I'm done trying to force my way into your life again. I'm sorry, but we've got nothing to talk about, so stay the hell away from me."

The train ride to UA was quiet between the three of us, mainly because I kept my thoughts to myself and Shade.

Only that entity can hear me think when I want him to, though he doesn't really say anything back. He just listens tentatively, which is pretty creepy.

Once I get back to my dorm in UA, I'll take a nice warm bath, read a book and maybe even attend class if I'm interested. But first thing's first, I have to talk to Principal Nedzu and apologize for everything, its the least I can do for causing all that trouble.

Bakugou and Shouto escorted me until we reached the classroom door.

"I'll catch up with you guys, I just need to talk to the Principal-"

The door suddenly slipped open to reveal everyone in 1-A holding some celebratory materials like confetti guns, cakes and a huge banner saying 'Welcome Back Agatha!'

"SURPRISE!"

I'm not sure if its because of what happened a few days ago but I became a little bit jumpy that I pulled out my scythe and was on my guard as a result.

I swear they're all looking at me like I'm some kind of psycho with a blade.

My ash-blonde crush pointed my weapon to the ground to everyone's relief. "Stand down."

"S-Sorry." I let my scythe vanish and hung my head down in embarrassment.

"Oh its okay!" Ochako was the one in front of it all with a big smile plastered across her face. "We're so glad you recovered fast, Agatha."

"Thanks but what's all.. this?" I gestured to the whole thing.

"This is our way of saying thank you for saving the whole school."

"Yeah but I mean, I'm the reason why the villain attacked in the first place. Shouldn't you guys be mad at me or something?"

They all told me different kinds of 'are you kidding?' and 'none of us would be alive if it weren't for you' or 'you're a hero' but somewhere around that line, I got the message they were trying to convey. And for what felt like a long time, I finally managed to smile sincerely in front of people.