twenty three: battle scars

The whole building shook on impact and just by the looks it, I could tell it wasn't gonna hold for long.

This place is gonna collapse on us all.

I placed my hand on the glass that was the only thing keeping me and Katsuki apart. "Go." I cried. "Please just go!"

"No, don't do this Agatha!" He growled, his eyes giving away the fact that he's at wits end. "You swore- you fucking swore to me!"

I forced a smile and looked around as debris began falling everywhere, making both Pros and police scatter as they screamed and ran for their lives. "A life with me would be hellish- I mean, look around you. Is this really where you want to be?"

Katsuki took a step back then rammed his fist against the glass for the fifth time, and like his other attempts, it barely left scratch but had his knuckles red with blood. "Nowhere else."

~

Three days earlier

It was the end of the first semester and we just finished finals about a few hours ago. Some of us were still moping about how bad they did on the exam, and that included me cause I did not get a single shit right in Morals 101, while others spent the rest of the day in their dorm rooms trying to get some rest.

We finally had a week off from school thanks to our semestral break. There's a lot of things that could happen in a few days, I might even get something exciting out of this.

Uraraka, Ojiro and Mina were on the couch doing each other's nails along with Kirishima and Denki who started a paint war with the other, while Izuku and I sat on the floor watching Mean Girls.

I was trying to pry the greenbean's hands from his eyes during a kissing scene right as Momo entered the room and clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

"You guys! What do you say we all go to the beach tonight? My parents are letting me use the villa as long as you guys are coming."

My ears perked up at the sound of that. "That sounds fun! Let's!"

The girls squealed and went up to Momo with questions about the villa and chatted about what to wear and all that.

I, on the other hand, pushed Izuku to the ground and jumped over the couch, nearly tripping on my own feet like an idiot. "Last one to pack has to carry the other's shit to the villa!"

"Oh no you don't!" The bastard zipped past me using his Full Cowl Shoot Style and got a hell of a headstart.

"Hey! That's cheating!"

"You cheated first!"

And that was how it started. A semestral break at the beach with the lot of 1-A, though some decided not to come 'cause they had earlier engagements, we still made the most of it.

While Momo took charge of getting parents' consent calls, the rest of the girls and I made a list of the things we needed to buy in the mall before we leave for tonight.

"Bikinis! Definitely bikinis."

As if on cue, Mineta's ever perverted presence was first on the scene. He suggested one store that still sells the said article of clothing even around this time, of course he would know something as shady as that.

I asked Uraraka if she could get me something in my size cause I really don't know shit about bathing suit shopping, and I think we would all agree that I am the last person who should be seen wearing one. Aside from my stomach pudge, there are a lot more scars and bruises on my body compared to an overly decorated Christmas tree- and it ain't pretty.