twenty two: in this lifetime

"Can anyone tell me that name of the man who cemented the discipline of Psychology in the early 1800s after he established the first psychological laboratory in France?"

"Actually, Wilhelm Wudnt built the lab during the late 1800s. The year was 1879 to be exact." I kept my eyes out the window and leaned back on my chair. "And he didn't show off his shit in France, he was in Germany at the time."

Blood King sensei stood silent for a second before giving me a knowing smile. "That was so I could see who's really listening. Since when did you start reading Wudnt's autobiography?"

"I didn't." I shrugged. "He's kind of.. familiar, in a way. Like he knows my ancestors somehow. Well I wouldn't doubt it considering we were a painfully consistent line of psychopaths. Business must've been booming for Wudnt thanks to my family."

For once I was intently listening to the lesson. At first I thought I was just sick but then I found myself slowly invested into the study of the human mind.

It wasn't long until the afternoon bell rang and we all headed for the cafeteria to finally get something to eat.

You see, my morning didn't start out quite as peacefully as I'd hope it would.

Around 5 in the morning, Katsuki knocked down my door with an explosion and hauled me to my feet. He scolded me for going back to the dorms alone without telling him and because of that we both ended up being late for first period.

Aizawa then came into the scene and smacked the shit outta Katsuki to get some sense into him. Now he's pretty much directing all that big dick energy at me, and I don't mean that in a good way.

To cut it short, I didn't have breakfast this morning, which is bad. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, my brother always reminded me of that when we were younger.

"Let me carry your tray for you."

I turned to my shoulder to see Shouto without a single food in hand. "It's fine-"

"I insist."

"Okay.. I guess?"

Weirdly enough, he grabbed my tray the second the lunch lady handed it to him and started walking towards the exit.

I chased after the bipolar boy and saw him throw my lunch into a trash bin. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me- I'm hungry!"

"And I'm worried sick. This makes us even." He spat. "What the hell were you on about last night?"

"Are you out of your mind? I don't even remember seeing you last night-"

"Don't screw with me! Tell me what's going on or I swear this'll be the last you'll hear from me."

My heart felt like it was pricked with a pin at his words. I never lied to Shouto before, and there's no reason to start now.

After all, he's still my best friend.

"I can't tell you everything now, but you'll understand soon." I forced a smile. "I'm not gonna be here for a while, starting next week. That's why I asked you to look out for Katsuki in my place."

"I doubt it's as simple as that. If there's something wrong, you know you can trust me."

"I trust you more than anyone. That's why I'm asking you to make me a promise."

His shoulders dropped from their tense state as he sighed. "Can't you tell me what's going on? Please, Aggy. You're killing me here."

I placed a hand on his shoulder and tilted my head to the side. "I really wish I could."