seven: parasuicidal

The last thing I remember about my brother was his hand desperately reaching out to mine, despite his skin falling off his limbs. I tried to raise my hand out to him, but to no avail.

~

I shot up awake in cold sweat from another nightmare. "Da-" I had to hold my tongue back before I could say his name in front of a complete stranger.

Bakugou raised a brow at me. "What was that?"

"N-Nothing." I pushed myself off the couch and started pacing around to keep myself from throwing another parasuicidal fit.

Keep it together, Agatha. Don't lose your shit, not now, not when Bakugou's around.

I don't wanna kill anyone anymore.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife then pointed it at my hand on the counter, slightly shaking from my nerves. I raised the knife over my head then brought it down in one quick motion- until I felt someone behind me grab my arm and kept it from going down any further.

Slowly, Bakugou turned me around and took the knife from my hand. He stared at the sharp piece of steel, then sighed. "Got something you wanna tell me? If you do, you better spit it out now."

I shook my head no.

He suddenly threw the knife in the sink without any warning which made me jump from the sound of metal against metal. "I know you've had a fucked up life, but it wouldn't kill you to have some faith in me."

"You wouldn't be saying that if you really knew who's standing in front of you."

"That's just it. How would I know if you don't trust me enough to tell me?"

"Because." I looked him in the eye and said, "You.. resemble my brother, so much that I could see him in you. He died because he trusted me with his life, he had so much faith in me that he gave his own life just so I could live. That's why I don't trust you or any of our other classmates, because you all remind me of family." I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from crying. "And I don't want to lose my family again."

And that was the story of how I got a huge bump right after Bakugou bonked my head.

"Dumbass." He hissed, and it took him a while to come up with another conversation. "You have training at 5, right? Then you better go now, its already 4:55."

How did he know- wait.. 4:55? Shit! I'm gonna be late!

I bolted to the washroom for a quick splash of water on my face then ran back to Bakugou and gave him a swift kiss on the cheek before running like hell to the Gamma Gymnasium.

~

Despite my performance back on the first day, which All Might referred to as 'flawless', I still need to sharpen my skills if I wanna keep up with my classmates.

"As expected, you aced the aptitude tests without overdoing it."

"I-I've never sweated this much in my life!" I panted, steam literally emitting from my body. "What kind of 'high school warm-up' was that?! It felt like I hell!"

"I thought you'd get used to engaging in combat with me after all these years."

"I'm a kid, Toshinori! And you're an abnormally muscled hero who's top marks are god-like." I stated as a matter of fact. "And I've been locked up for a year, not much training to do but keep my mentality stable."

Smiling, he placed a hand on his hip. "Sounds to me like you're whining. Its alright if you wanna rest-"

"Rest? Like hell, old man." I jumped back up on my feet with ease, wiping the sweat from my chin with the back of my hand. "I'm just getting started."