nineteen: harm's way

I SAW A SHINSOU COSPLAYER AT OUR LOCAL MALL AND I JUST HAD TO GET A PICTURE WITH HIM!

♡ Back to the story ♡

Apparently, Shinsou's class hosted a Cafe on the campus grounds just in front of the main building along with the other Food Mania booths surrounding the entrance.

It was really convenient considering the fact that I didn't have coffee this morning and that Shinsou wanted to go to a place where there's barely any people.

We took our seats in the farthest space from the crowded part of the booth and waited for our coffee to be served.

"So.." The purple headed boy decided to start. "You're in a relationship with Bakugou, huh? Must be tough being with that asshole."

"Not really." I smiled. "Being with Katsuki's the easiest thing I've done. I mean I've been through a hell lot- if anything he's the only thing anchoring me to sanity. Without him I would have lost it a long time ago."

He laughed humorlessly. "That's pretty cheesy, don't you think?"

"Yeah but what about you? Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Dating doesn't exactly come easy to someone like me."

I raised a brow at that. "Why not?"

"Um have you met me?" He scoffed. "My brainwashing quirk is basically a villain's power. No girl in their right mind would date a freak like me."

Its at times like this that I feel really bad for people who're feared for the same reason as I am. But for someone like Shinsou, he doesn't deserve to be treated awfully just for what he was born with.

Our drinks arrived a minute later, caffeinated hazelnut for me and black coffee for my tired-looking friend.

I took a huge sip out of it and sighed. "Man, that hit the spot."

Shinsou raised a brow at me while drinking his coffee. "For a murderer, you sure are strange."

"Someone did their research." I smirked. "So how much do you know about me?"

"I know enough."

"Being mysterious now, are we? I like that. Just be careful though. I don't usually attract fans, its more of a target-killer kind of relationship."

"I really don't care. I just thought you were interesting for a villain turned good, that's all." He shrugged.

I couldn't help but smile at how tsundere this boy is. "You and I aren't that different, you know? People see you as the bad guy but you really aren't. You're just mis-"

"Misunderstood? Yeah. I get that a lot." The purple headed boy finally smiled, eyeing me over his drink.

"Look at those freaks in love."