ten: an unlikely date

I woke up from a ticklish red hair on my cheek and nearly screamed when I saw Shouto sleeping next to me with his arm over my waist, but I held it in for the sake of him not waking up.

I managed to slide out of his grip and kept a hand over my mouth in disbelief.

I just woke up next to Shouto.. and he's wearing nothing but boxers.. and I'm not wearing my pajamas anymore- what the hell happened last night?!

Oh my fuck.. did we just- no! Nope! Nope! I did not see the d and I do not remember doing some crazy fucking shit last night.

Maybe we just went to sleep and it got hot so we took some pieces of our clothes off.

Yeah, let's go with that.

I grabbed whatever pants I could get my hands on and tried to put it on but ended up tripping on my own feet.

"Are you alright..?"

I looked up to see Shouto rubbing his eyes as he sat up on the bed.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine-"

"Are those.. my pants?" He pointed at the piece of clothing I've been struggling to wear and the realization made me red as hell.

I quickly got his pants off me then pulled down my oversized shirt which was the only thing covering up my underwear.

Shouto tilted his head to the side like he always does whenever he's oblivious about something. "You don't have to hide anything, I've seen it all when we were just kids."

"When we were like seven- its not the same anymore Shouto! I-I've.. grown. And there are some grown parts you shouldn't see!"

He scratched the back of his head and said, "I've grown too, but I'd never see malice in my best friend being just as half naked as I am."

The way he put that sentence together, I can tell this bastard's still freakin' shameless just like how he was when we were kids.

I looked away from him as I pushed myself back on my feet. "D-Did something.. happen? Y'know, after last night?"

"You mean if we had sex?" He put it so bluntly my face started heating up again. "Not that I can remember, no."

Oh thank glob!

I sighed in relief and picked up a pair of sweatpants that, I'm a hundred percent sure, are mine this time.

Even if this day is starting out awkwardly, I still can't shake the thought of Dabi being alive to this day.

I knew what I saw back then and I couldn't have imagined something so inhuman.

His skin was falling off his body to a point where he didn't look human anymore, so our old man tried to stitch him up with titanium steel.

The pain from enduring it was hellish, it was evident from the way he let out blood-curdling screams.

I tried everything I could to stop our father, but I was just five years old back then, I didn't have enough strength to fight, not after taking a dozen shots of sedatives.

The last thing that came into view was his hand reaching out to me as he yelled out my name with his dying breath.

My head hurts just by remembering it, now I just wish I knew where Dabi is.

"I'll ask Aizawa-sensei if I can go to this training lodge you told me about and maybe find something that'll help me tell where my brother is." I told Shouto after he finally put on his clothes. "Since we have the next two days off, it'll be wise to leave tonight."