twelve: just like fire

1:06 AM

Aizawa-sensei said we'd get there by 4 in the morning, but I really couldn't find my sleep and ended up being the only person awake on the bus, aside from the driver of course.

I got off from my seat and accidentally woke Shouto up in the process. "Sorry, I was just going to the restroom."

He nodded silently then went back to sleep.

I made my way to the back of the bus and caught a peaceful sight of Bakugou while sleeping.

He was snoring so softly I could hardly believe that this is the guy who wanted me dead on my first day in UA.

I nearly tripped when Bakugou stretched his foot out on the aisle, but I managed to grab onto the back of the seats to keep myself from falling flat on my face.

Even in his sleep, he's still trying to kill me.

I sighed in relief before entering the restroom. I flicked the faucet on and started splashing water on my face until it was clear that I wasn't dreaming.

In just a few hours, I might actually get to see my brother again, the man who I thought was dead to begin with. I have so many questions to ask- I don't even know where to begin.

I turned the faucet off and looked up at the mirror, only to see my shadow standing right behind me. "Go away Shade, you're not helping."

Of course he didn't listen to me.

No wonder he's my shadow, we have the same stubbornness issues.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance and was on my way out when the bus started swerving uncontrollably, following by a loud shriek from one of the girls.

I ran out of the restroom without thinking things through and ended up being lurched across the bus. My body crashed against the front glass then dropped to the floor.

"Agatha!"

I held the glass shard imbedded in my side and pulled it out, followed by a colorful string of profanities. "What the hell is going on?!" I looked out the window to see the bus driving down a freakin' cliff.

Fuck!

The bus started rotating like crazy on the way down causing everyone on board to be flung in every direction no matter how much they tried to hold on.

I forced myself up and took in a sharp breath then grasped the bus's shadow halfway down the cliff. I ignored the blood dripping down from my mouth and yelled, "GET OFF THE BUS! NOW!"

Izuku and Kirishima endured their own injuries and managed to break the windows for an alternative exit. They helped out the girls first then dragged out Shouto and Aizawa-sensei's unconscious bodies.

At the corner of my eye, I saw our lifeless driver with a large hole on his forehead.

Just the sight of it made my blood boil.

We were being followed.

"Agatha!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked back to see Bakugou reaching his hand out to me.

"Grab hold!" He growled.

I tried reaching for him but then the whole bus started to groan, becoming more and more unstable. "Shit! I can't!"

"What do you mean you can't- just take my fucking hand!"

"Just go!" I dug my nails into my palms until it bled. "I-I have to hold it or else we'll both die!"