nine: Dabi

While Bakugou struggled to remove the godforsaken ankle weights, I sat on one of the beds near the viewing room to see Shouto getting his ass handed to him.

The poor boy's completely out of his element, literally.

Whenever he tries to cover Cementoss-sensei in ice, it just backfires on him because they're standing on unsteady soil in the Landslide zone to sensei's advantage.

Yaomomo on the other hand was already suffocating in the quick cement.

"Shouto, you idiot." I scoffed. "Just look! Cementoss-sensei clearly wants you to face him head-on, and that's without all the ice and fire crawling from the ground gimmicks."

Recovery Girl turned to me with a smile. "Good eye."

"Well its what I would do. Just because you've got the upper hand in long-ranged stuff doesn't mean you should stick to it, cause that's gonna be the death of you." I sighed. "I learned that the hard way."

Bakugou finally finished with the damn weights and sat beside me. "So you've dealt with Cementoss-sensei before?"

"No."

"Then why do you sound like you know a lot about taking down heroes?"

I shrugged. "I guess training with All Might comes with a lot of perks."

"You trained with him?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah and trust me, its not something you should look forward to." I rolled my shoulder for emphasis. "He nearly ripped my arm off in one punch, the bastard really doesn't know how to hold back- I can still feel the pain from last week's aptitude test."

"Do you want me to check on that, dear?"

"About that, you see I have this weird obsession with collecting mementos so I'm fine with it." I smiled then turned to the two who just entered the tent, both exhausted and looking like hell just spat them up. "Hey guys, great work back there. Though you might wanna turn that punch down a few notches, Izuku. That dome debris nearly sliced our heads off."

"I-I-I'm so sorry!" He freaked out at first until Recovery Girl scurried him and Ochako to tend to their burns.

She clicked her tongue in annoyance while staring at Izuku's crippled arm. "Uraraka only suffered from a first degree burn and I can fix it in no time- but again with the broken arm Izuku?!" She sighed. "I understand that you hero eggs can sometimes be reckless but this is just ridiculous!"

"S-Sorry, Recovery Girl."

After she kissed both of their foreheads, their burns and bruises quickly vanished like nothing happened at all, but it left freckles there a bit dizzy from the amount of stamina he lost.

"Are you okay, Deku?" Ochako blushed when Izuku leaned on her shoulder.

"Let him rest, from what I can tell, he's gonna need a lot of it."

I turned back to the panel of screens in front of me and kept watching Shouto as he laid his hand on the ground and made a gigantic ice wall to counter Cementoss-sensei's attack, but the ground underneath him began to crumble.

On impulse, my whole body jerked forward when he fell in.

"Shouto!" I wanted to rush to the Landslide zone and help him, but Bakugou had a firm hold around my wrist.

"Its not your fight-"

"He needs my help! I don't give a damn about this test anymore- my friend's dying out there and I'm not just gonna sit here and watch!"