five: wanna hook up?

I remember the cold tears running down my cheek as another needle made its way into the vein in my neck. I couldn't stop myself from crying and shaking in fear.

After a few more doses injected into my system I was left alone in the empty room, chained like a dog.

The door to the room slowly cracked open to reveal my big brother with a tray of stale food.

"Hey.."

I rested my head on my knees.

"You haven't eaten anything since last week. Are you-"

"I'm fine. The drugs make up for everything I need."

He sat in front of me and set the tray aside, forcing a smile hoping that I'd do the same.

But I couldn't. Somehow, the drugs even affected my emotional aspects as a kid.

"You're going to be okay." Dabi leaned forward and hugged me tightly. "I'm here."

And for a short moment, I felt myself being pulled together by the only family I could turn to.

Slowly, with my graze-decorated arms, I tried to hug him back. But weaker than how he does it.

I noticed the purplish stitching on the skin underneath his sleeves. 

Before I could ask him about it, the door to the room swung open.

"You shouldn't be in here, your sister needs to rest for her training tomorrow."

"Sorry, dad. Won't happen again." Dabi pulled back and took my palm to tap something down; a braille message. 'I'll come back later.' Then he leaned forward to kiss the top of my head before leaving.

"Your brother's better off without you. Keep your distance from him and I assure you he'll be safe."

From the light that crawled in, my shadow grew darker on the wall behind me.

"Restrain that silhouette of yours, my dear. I don't like the way its staring at me."

As if would Shade listen to anyone, that'll be the day. He's like a demon in a cage waiting to gain a human form, and when he does he'll bring hell on earth. At least, that's what he told me.

~

"Dabi!" I shot up awake from cold sweat and hyperventilation. "Oh god.." My hand flew over my mouth as the tears started rolling down. "Shade! Shade I need you!"

The lights flickered once for him to appear in front of me.

"K-KILL ME! I'M BEGGING YOU!" I cried, yanking my hair with both hands. "GOD I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

Shade glared at me with his crimson eyes.

I shook my head to keep him out of it. "PLEASE JUST KILL ME ALREADY!"

The doors to the room flew open, allowing several policemen to enter.

With wide eyes, I stared at them sideways and flicked my hand, grasping at their shadows to keep them still.

I limped down the bed and took a gun from an officer's holster. "I'm so sorry.." I shoved the barrel in my mouth then pulled the trigger- but the gun flew out of my hands and crashed into the wall. I glanced up to see Bakugou staring at me, panting.

"You.." He growled. "Are one crazy ass bitch!"

"Leave me alone!" I tried to drag his shadow away but he caught my hand before I could.