Chapter 54: Court

Chapter 54: Court

DESIREE’S POV

When I woke up, I was still in Ashley’s arms.

“Mmmmmm” I groaned and I felt his grip tighten.

“I love you” He whispered in my ear and squeezed me again before getting up.

“I love you to Ash, thanks, for everything.”

“No problem” He said kissing me then heading to the door. “I’ma make breakfast, what ya want?”

“Doesn’t matter”

“Alright, I’ma make bacon” He said as he walked down the hall. I just smiled and got out of bed. I walked over to my phone charging on the window sill and saw I had hella lot of texts.

Jade~ Desiree, you ok?

Jade~ Des, please text me to say your ok

Jade~ Ryan is arrested, please tell me your ok

Jade~ I’m getting so worried about you! Please text me back!

Jade~ PLEASE tell me your ok!

Jade~ R U Ok?

Jade~ Its been a week and I’m getting worried.

Jade~ No ones answering the house phone! I’m sooo scared!

Desiree~ Jade, I’m fine, I was in a tiny coma for a week. I’m perfectly fine.

Jade~ THANK GOD!

I walked downstairs and as soon as I hit the bottom step the phone rang. I rushed for it and got it before Ashley.

“Ha, now go finish your bacon” I said with a smug look. He just ruffled my hair and went back into the kitchen. “Bitch” I mumbled, answering and fixing my hair. “Hello?”

“Is this Desiree Purdy?”

“Yes it is, who is this?”

“This is Samantha Jones, I’m the lawyer your friend Jade Evans hired. Ryan Smith is going on trial and we need you to be there. We also need a mister Ashley Purdy and a Jake Pitts. Your friend Jade will be there as well. Its at the LA court house in downtown next Monday. Do you know any of these people?”

“Yes, all of them.”

“Alright, I will see you on Monday”

“Alright bye”

“Bye” She said and hung up. I collapsed in the closest chair and sighed.

“Whats wrong baby?” Ashley asked, walking in with a piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth.

“Jade hired a lawyer for us. You, Jake, her and I have to go to court next weekend for Ryan’s trial.”

“Aghh fuck, well, we kinda have to”

“I knowwww. Gimmie some bacon” He went into the kitchen and got me a few pieces on a plate. I picked one up and bit it in half and fell in love. “Oh my God Ash, you make the best fucking bacon ever” I said, eating some more.

“That’s not the only thing I make the best” He said with a smug smile and I slapped him.

“Perv”

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out” He said, plopping on the couch.

“Idiot” I rolled my eyes with a smile and ate the remaining bacon.