~A Chance~

Victoria's P.O.V.

The ride towards Charles' house was very much queit, Chase was the only one who's talking as Charles is the only one who's answering my son's questions. I didn't want to speak when I'm with Charles or else Chase would've already heard me curse and shout.

I was just looking outside the window the whole time then a few minutes later I finally saw the once familiar streets and house to me, the one where I used to live but regretted now. I didn't look at the house intently as a small glimpse made me remember all the memories here.

Chase immediately ran inside the house as if he already owns it and waited for us, I refused to go inside first but the happy look on Chase's face made me change my mind. I entered the house and was greeted by a warm ambiance, then I instantly realized that nothing had really changed.

"Mommy, look what daddy gave me yesterday. This was the toy car grandpa gave to him when he couldn't sleep at night, daddy gave it to me as a remembrace" Chase chuckled and ran towards me, he handed me the toy car Charles owns.

I remember he got mad at me for a short time because I accidentally hid this red toy car, I just realized how special that toy is for him when I saw the name of his grandfather written on the side. His grandfather passed away when he celebrated his 4th birthday, since then Charles really took care of the toy car and was really careful of it. So him giving this to Chase is a bit surprising.

"What do you want to eat today Chase? Do you want daddy to cook for you?" Charles asked as he went near the dinning room, I looked at him in surprise knowing that he almost set the whole kitchen in fire once he decided to cook for me... memories kept coming back...

"You know how to cook? How? When?" Feeling currious, I asked him but kept a keen eye on Chase who was now sitting on the carpeted floor and was already playing with the toy car Charles gave him.

"I'm not stupid Tori, I learned how to cook once I realized that I couldn't trust anyone but myself now. Eversince you left-" I shooked my head not wanting to hear those words because I know that this might end up either in a war zone, and I don't want Caden to see us stucked in a situation like this, so I kneeled before Chase and started drawing a conversation with him.

"Chase, Daddy Sean is very very worried for you. He told me that it was his idea to give to to your true daddy but you do know that you and I made a promise right? Let's go home Chase"

"Mommy, can't we live with daddy? He can take care of us, he can also do everything you do so you can just stay at home and rest" What is he saying? Did Charles already brainwashed my son?

"Chase you have to listen to mommy"

"But I'm tired listening, I'm always following you but can't you listen to my opinions for once? Mommy, I want to be with daddy and I hope you can grant me my wish" I stared blankly at my son wondering if he's really Chase, he never used words like this when speaking to me before... he never retorted back to me...

"Chase, I'll cook the food please prepare the plates and utensils" But when it comes to Charles, he's following him right away. Instead of feeling happy, I begin to get more infuriated to Charles.

"Yes daddy" Chase happily walked towards the cabinet, the one below where Charles and I had the same thoughts of putting all the dish ware there so when... in the future, our... kids can also help us like this...

I walked towards the kitchen and saw Charles already chopping things and beating eggs, he was already starting to cook but the mere thought of him takin Chase away from me is making me more angry than ever.

"Are you still going to use him against me? Are really willing to let my son's attention turn away from me? That you want to tell me that he's favoring you over me?" I tried lowering my voice and hopefully, Chase wouldn't hear us.

"I don't want things to end up broken Tori and you know that" Broken? Everything was already broken from the start, my life was already shattered and no one can ever heal me back.

"But things have already been broken, we can't bring back the time and repeat everything. Our lives are once separated and it should've remained like that"

I left you and I would never ever want to be with him again...

"I disagree, Sean brought Chase to me because he knows how much the kid wants to see his real father and not someone who can just take care of him. Sean was the one who separated us but he was also the one who brought us back together, to where we are right now"

"Charles is very special to me because he's my son and yours to, he's our son and I don't want him to end uo having a broken family just because of a misunderstanding like this"

"You still don't get it do you? Can't you understand that I don't want to be with you anymore? My life had been great eversince I walked away from your life, things had been good and I was blessed with Chase but now you want me to get back to the past I dreaded to remember?"

"I want to fix our relationship Tori, I'm here, willing to give us another chance for Chase. For our son" I was about to talk back at him when I felt a light tug on my shirt, I looked down and saw Chase smiling very brightly before turning to Charles who also looked surprised... he didn't hear anything did he?

"Daddy, mommy used to cook my favorite food. Can you cook buttered vegetables and french toast for me?" He asked, I looked on the vegetables Charles is chopping and realized that it was the same ingridients I used to cook when Charles was still eating breakfast with me. Was he observing me while I'm cooking?

"Sure Chase, just tell your mommy to wait at the dinning table because daddy will still cook for his family" Just the mention of family made me nervous and tense up a bit... Chase then happily pulled me back towards the dinning room and asked me to sir beside him.

"Mommy, I couldn't really sleep last night because you were away from me but do you know what daddy do? He told me all the stories from the very first day the both of you two met, he told me all your love stories and that made me calm" Explained Chase, there's something in him, in his words which keeps on melting my ice cold heart. He held my hand and stared right in my eyes...

"Daddy is a great man mommy, I'm happy that I had the time to meet him"