~Grandma~

Victoria's P.O.V.

My eyes opened just in time to see Chase slowly entering my room, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I can feel his presence slowly walking towards me and I could hear his quiet giggle as my bed dipped beside me.

"Mommy! Good morning!" Then the bed started going up and down as Chase was jumping on my bed, I opened my eyes in instinct and immediatey grabbed Chase. He might lose his balance or fall off the bed, Chase giggled so I didn't choose to scold him.

"You're getting hyper and hyper everyday, can mommy sleep for a few more minutes? Mommy's so tired" Chase shooked his head and gave me a kiss before I could slip back to dreamland.

"No mommy, you're not allowed to. Because according to you, you can't do anything if you'll just continue sleeping almost everyday" And I never thought all my teachings to him can use them as a threat against me... but fine...

"Mommy looked so tired don't I? Can't you really let me rest?" I pleaded while pouting, though I'm sure I'm starting to look like a fool.

"Grandma has been waiting for you to wake up, she came here earlier before 7 and stayed here until she could finally see you once again. Look mommy, she gave these stickers to me" Just the woed 'grandma' made me alive and awake, I hastily sat up and stared at my son as he shows me the stickers he's talking about.

"Grandma? You mean you father's mother?" Mrs. Horvejkul? He's here? But why?!

"Daddy Sean also came here, he said something about him being worried but he's already happy to see me here. He said he wants to talk to you even for a short while"

"You should head down first, I'll try to make myself presentable before going down" What the heck are the th of them doing here? Just when I thought living with Charles a few days was already a nusiance and a problem, the two worried people came here...

Instead of questionig myself further I decided to stand up and wash my face first, I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes then I went down and saw Charles' mom sitting on the couch with Chase sitting beside her.

"Wow! You can read fast Chase, can you teach grandma how?" My heart beated irregularly as I began to feel nervous of how she's going to react once she sees me, I stopped walking down the stairs to monitor what her emotions might be. She seemed to love Chase just by looking at her smile.

"He surely inherited that trait from me, he's a splitting personality of me" Then Charles entered the frame, he gave his mother a juice and Chase a glass of milk. Then his eyes turned to match mine and softly smiled, thinking it was an encouraging smile I slowly walk down the stairs and stood beside Charles. I could feel his hand slowly rubbing circles behind my back as it soothed me.

"Grandma this is so easy! Just try to understand it by yourself" Chase smiled as his grandma also did the same, Charles cleared his throat which made his mother's attention turned to us...

"Oh my, Tori... Tori my daughter in-law..." Mrs. Horvejukul stood up and welcomed me with teary eyes, I found myself wrapped in her arms as she can't help but look at me wordlessly as tears kept falling from her eyes.

"I'll be heading inside the kitchen first and let you and your mother-im-law to talk" Charles excused himself and walked towards the kitchen, then I suddenly saw Sean walking towards the living room holding a glass of water but I then turned to Mrs. Horvejkul first to give my greetings and respect.

"Good morning Mrs. Horvejkul, it's nice to see you again"

"I can't believe you're finally back! And you're with my grandson! We have so many catching up to do!" She uttered, Chase just sat on the couch as he kept on coloring the book he has.

"With all due respect Mrs. Horvejkul but I would want to talk with Sean first, we have some very important matters to discuss. I hope you don't mind." Mrs. Horvejkul smiled in return and just spend some time with Chase, I pulled Sean towards the door to the backyard. It's not that we're going to talk about something really private, I just don't want Chase nor Charles to hear whatever Sean and I are going to talk about.

"Tori, are you possibly still going back home? Mom couldn't stop questioning me as we were both worried about you and Chase's situation here" Sean spoke, I shooked my head and thought of what to answer deeply.

"I can't answer that question directly, even if I want to immediately go home, Chase will get mad and sad of course. I think I'll need more time to think" Besides, it's just been a few days since Chase and I came here, maybe 3 or 4 but I don't think he'll even come with me and leave his father's house. He's starting to feel more happy here than when he's with Sean.

"I'll take my leave then, that's all what I wanted to ask you. Chase, I'll get going" I just started at Sean's back as he gave Chase a kiss on the cheek as he bid goodbye, I gave him a tight hug as I felt really sad that I had to let him leave without us coming with him... but, it's his faut after all, if he hadn't gave Chase to Charles when we would not be placed in this situation.

"Bye daddy Sean! See you next time!" Sean then greeted Mrs. Horvejkul first before finally going out of the house, Mrs. Horvejkul then pulled me towards the living room again.

"Now, where were we? Ah! We're talking about you and Chase, you need to tell me all the details when you found out that you are pregant and how you took care of yourself" She urged, I sat down on the couch as Chase sat on my lap, he has earphones plugged on his ears so he couldn't hear anything.

"Are you possibly not mad at me nor outgraged? I ran away from here but you didn't ever dare to question me"

"I'm not mad when I know that a person would really need some space, I want them to have a peace of mind and always think what would happen in the future. I know you Tori and I also know that you're not just the type of person who will run away because you think you can't do this anymore. You needed time, you needed space and I'm very much proud of you"

"You are a very strong person Tori, and I hope that you can also share your stories to me, what really happened and what your real problem is."