~Company Help~

Victoria's P.O.V.

I sat on the couch with Charles still outside, probably still waving goodbye at our son who is now on his way to his Sean appa's house. Everything changed even just for a split second, the house that was full of laughter earlier suddenly turned quite gloomy after Chase left the house.

"Are you okay?" Charles plopped down beside me on the couch as he ruffled his hair and also heaved a sigh

"Hmm yeah, I just had a small headache"

For a moment Charles and I did nothing but stare at the whole house, the whole interior of the house and remained silent. I have no idea what's happening to the both of us but I'm sure that just sitting beside each other, having each other's company here in the warm room, makes everything calm.

"Everything's not the same when Chase isn't here with us huh?"

"You're right, I'm missing him right now as I got too used with him staying by my side. it's kinda hard for me to just leave him with Sean alone when I'm the one who's always been watching over Chase, I miss him too much"

It's been 5 years since I had Chase, he's already turning 6 this year, I didn't know that such time had already passed. I guess time do flies too fast, we didn't get to realize that every moment, every second with the person we love should always matter to us. And now... I'm getting quite emotional as my son is now slowly getting older, he's already turning 6 in his birthday next week.

"You're still probably mad at me for not telling you that you have a son, that you missed almost 5 years of his life without the both of you knowing each other"

Another thing is that I was able to regret the thing I did, although I was in pain, I shouldn't also let other feel the pain I could feel. Instead I should've just expressed my feelings and let him know that pain I could feel, we both should've fixed all the problems we have instead of taking someone precious from the person I love...

"You had a reason, and I understand that. I was devastated at first because you kept my son away from me, he is someone precious and will give me happiness, but you deprived him from me. Nonetheless, I was still happy that you managed to introduce me to him, not as an uncle but as a real father"

"And he was so happy to meet his father" The wide smile that appeared in Chase's face was very uplifting, all throughout the 5 years I spent with Chase, he never smiled more happily than when he met his father. It seems like his father is the only one which can make him feel complete...

"The moment I saw him when Sean brought him to our house I almost fainted"

"You? Almost fainted? Nonesense" I scoffed, knowing Charles he'll really be cool and just brush it off, he's a very strong man and him fainting would really be rare...

"No, believe me. There were mixed emotions running inside my head but happiness is what truly prevailed, it felt like my heart could explode any moment as I felt my son hugging me. I admit, I was scared and unsure of what's happening, but there's one thing planted in my mind, I should take care of him because I love him"

"You loved him the first time you saw him? How so?"

I myself also fell in love at first sight, it was when the moment I first saw my son, when I held him in my arms and when I heard his first cry... I fell in love with him the moment I gave birth to him and that's one of the most special thing that happened in my life...

"Because I saw myself and you in him, I saw how happy he was, I saw how loving he can be and I saw the way his eye sparkled when he recognized me and called me 'daddy'. It felt like magic and I never wanted to change anything"

"So you mean you're not regretting your decision of cheating on me?!" I scoffed... Gosh... Well I'm just trying to life up the mood... It's getting really really too serious for my liking, and Charles and I never talk like this serious before.

"It's not what I mean!-"

"Got you! I know, you regret everything. It's just that our conversation is getting more and more serious for my liking, I want to spend this day hopefully with you since I can't play with Chase"

"Am I supposed to be your second baby? I can't play with you if that's what you're thinking" What the- what on earth is he even thinking?...

"Of course I know that, it's pretty boring if I'll just sleep. Let me help you to do something then, what about... I'll help you in doing your work, just tell me if you need something then I'll double check it"

"You're not my assistant or secretary to do that Tori, just rest and stay in your room" Charles started talking to me as I head towards his room, where I know all his paperwork are all scattered there.

Charles and I are already sharing a room but that still doesn't mean that we're fine, I guess we're slowly trying to get close to each other especially with the help of Chase who always managed to make Charles lie down beside me always at night.

"You're not the boss of me, let me help"

"Are these the papers? Can I read? Okay sure" I answered my own question and took some of the papers on his desk, I lied down on the bed and chuckled, I guess Charles can't do anything now.

"You really are stubborn sometimes"

"Not sometimes, always" Charles laughed and took some of the papers on his desk, he sat on the foot of his bed and then lied down beside me right after.

"Let's read it together"

"It's so warm and comfortable" I smiled gently and placed my head on his chest, settling myself in his comfortable arms...