~Beside Me~

Victoria's P.O.V.

While Charles went to his office and Chase is busy sleeping, I decided to enter Charles' room to clean and also to fix things there because for sure, a guy isn't as clean and neat as an upright guy...

Just when I opened his room, I saw things were very neat especially his bed but dusts were all scattered in his room...so this is why Charles sometimes sneeze every morning and every night because of this... I told you he doesn't know how to clean.

"Mommy what are you doing? This is daddy's room right?" I turned around and saw Chase looking at me in question as he rubbed his eyes, aw, my child just woke up..

"Mommy is going to clean daddy's room, look there's dust everywhere" I pointed and started ruffling his hair just when he stood before me, it was already 12 in the afternoon and he just woke up..

"Mommy can I help you clean? I don't have anything to do"

"Chase you can't stay here longer, you shouldn't be exposed to dust because it'll make you sick" A child's immune system is a bit weak especially when it comes to dust, they might easily have allergies and also sickness if I'll expose them to dirt's like this...

"Then can I just wear this masked and sit here?" He asked then took the mask face from the bed, the extra mask I have... With his cute puppy eyes staring at me... How can I say no to my own child?

"Okay fine, wear that and help mommy clean but you have to wash your face first. You're getting really clingy"

"Yes Mommy, I'll come back!"

Chase hurriedly ran away from his father's room and went to our room, while he's busy washing himself, I decided to move the bed aside first so we can clean the dust under the bed and also the cobwebs on the wall. The room isn't that dirty so maybe Mrs. Horvejkul sometimes come here to clean her son's room or order someone to do it for him...

As Chase and I are busy cleaning, I suddenly opened Charles' cabinet and was surprised to see his old album inside his cabinet, located deeper inside. I remember Charles keeping this as a gift from his mom during our wedding day, his father gave us a house while his mom gave him his childhood photos.

"Chase look! I have daddy's picture album here with me, do you want to see it?" Charles hurriedly walked towards me as we both sat on the bed, interrupting our general cleaning for a while. As I started to flip the pages, I can't help but compare the baby Charles and the old Charles now, he looks really really cute... He looks exactly like our son, Chase, the exact replica of each other...

"Mommy why do I look like daddy?" Chase asked as he leaned on me and pointed at Charles' baby picture.

"Because you're his son"

"But why don't I look like you?" These are the questions asked by kids to their parents... Which can really be hard to answer sometimes as they still don't understand things clearly..

"You'll understand it when you grow up" I ruffled his hair which caused him to pout, just as I was placing the album back on Charles' cabinet, a strong pair of arms suddenly surrounded my waist as I bit back a scream.

"Sneaking inside my room?" I felt Charles' breath close to my ear as his chest was firmly pressed on my back, his arms locked around my waist as he back hugs me with Chase smiling behind us happily...

"You surprised me, next time atleast warn me before doing anything" I turned around and slapped his chest, he knows I hate surprises, I might die from heart attack next time..

"Daddy! You're home!"

"Yes I am! Now, daddy's quite hungry can you set the table for us?" Charles carried our son and ruffled his hair while doing so, when Chase nods his head, wanting to prepare the table for us to eat, he hurriedly let our son go as he went dashing towards the stairs. Once he's away, he turned to look at me but I smiled timidly and sat on the bed.

"I'm tired, just stand still for a while"

"Then sleep" I shook my head and stood up, I was about to follow my so when suddenly a pair of strong arms surrounded my waist again, stopping me from walking any further.

"I love hugging my wife, you're giving me warmth and comfort"

"Why did you clean my room? I think it's perfectly fine" He spoke... He calls this 'fine'?

"Your room is too dusty for you to sleep comfortably, it's also bad for your health and youd do know how much I hated dusts"

"When will you sleep with me again?" I turned around and slapped his chest one more time as his sentence seems really weird to hear, he looked at me with a small smile and pressed me closer to him.

"Mr. Horvejkul, can you please rephrase your sentence? I think it sent me 2 different mesages"

"Why? What's floating in your mind when I said that?" He caressed my face as I know my face is already beer red, what on Earth am I even thinking off?

"Oops, mommy, daddy let's eat"

•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•Π•

Just as I was already preparing for bed as early as 9 since Chase said he wants to sleep with his dad tonight, I suddenly got interrupted and was also surprised as the door in my room creaked open, revealing the father and son tandem opening the door and is holding hands...

"What are you doing here?"

"Let's share a bed, Chase wants to sleep with you"... Charles spoke as I looked at him in question but then Chase... What looked like a zombie already as he's already sleepy, climbed on my bed and directly lied down on the side... Leaving me and Charles with the other side of the bed...

We both looked at each other in a very awkward situation so I just stared at him for awhile until my son moves, Charles directed me to the bed as I first lied beside Chase and Charles on my back... I'm also too sleepy to argue so let's just all sleep no matter how awkward things can be.

"Good night Tori" Then he whispered in my ear, I wrapped my arms around Chase's body but got a bit tensed just when I felt Charles' arms sneaked around my waist...

"Good night"