~Still The Same~

Victoria's P.O.V.

"Mommy, your phone is ringing!" Chase exclaimed as he ran towards me and gave me my phone that is just peacefully resting on the couch, I hurriedly wiped my hand with the cloth and answered the call.

"Dear, I've read the article, what were you and my son planning about? What is this all about?" It was Charles's mom, she called me while I was busy handling the foods, packing the lunch for the busy man in the office.

"It was Charles who really wanted to do that, he wants the world to know that Chase is his son and I think it's already time for us to do that"

"You're not mad? Sometimes husbands and wives have different perspectives, you might not want that article to be published but was only forced to because of Chase" Chase looked up at me with a smile as he fixed the egg garnish on the top of the rice, I gave him a very big hug and kissed his forehead... He'll always be my ball of sunshine...

"It was not forced Mrs. Horvejkul, Charles and I have the same perspective in this one. We vowed to work our relationship for our son, who is clearly having a lot of fun time with his dad"

"It's not easy to fall in love is it? Are you willing to be with my son again? For Chase to have a real complete family?"

I was caught off guard at what she mentioned, I suddenly stopped speaking which caused my son to look at me questioningly... Am I?... Am I ready?

"We have to go Mrs. Horvejkul, we'll be meeting Charles out" I wanted to dodge all the questions that I know, I'll have a hard time answering it. Maybe it's not time for that, or maybe it will really never happen now.

"Tori, I know that there's still a little bit of love left inside your heart, please, listen to it because you and Charles will be able to mend each other's broken heart"

I smiled a bit and dropped the call, her words were very sincere and it touched my heart but I don't think I'll make all my problems go away. Maybe Charles and I are slowly starting to work together to make our son happy... But to make ourselves happy... Maybe I'll take a lot more time.

"Let's go!" I then turned to Chase who was really eager to meet his dad at work, this will be out first time going out after the news was released yesterday. This will be the first time Chase would be seen by everyone without me having a hard time hiding him behind my shadow or with Sean's protection.

I locked the lunch box and then walked towards the car Charles bought when we were still together, he gave me when we got married but I never even know how to drive and I wasn't able to use it during those times. When Sean took me, he taught me many things especially on how to drive the car as he knows that Charles gave that to me as a wedding gift, I'll be a waste of money if I wouldn't try to use it.

After a few minutes of driving, we finally reached the company, of course Charles gave me the address as he really wants Chase to go there and hopefully see new faces and also familiar faces. I parked the car on the parking grounds and then entered the company...

"Oh?! Ms. Victoria-" And just as I expected, all of them are shocked to see me again. I walked towards the desk area with Chase tightly holding my hand as he turned everywhere to monitor things.

"We came here to see Charles, is he in his office?"

"Yes, come follow me please" A small smile appeared on my lips just as I recognize this man who greeted me, it was Grate, one of Charles secretary who handles almost all of his scheduled meeting, he was invited when Charles and I got married.

"Nothing changed huh? How's Melanie?" Grate smiled just as we entered the elevator, leading to the floor where Charles is.

"She's carrying our 2nd child, you don't know how much happy she was when she recently just read the article. Your sudden disappearance for many years had made us all worried Ms. Victoria, but now that you and Mr. Charles had assured us that you're fine and is already with a child, we were very happy"

"Thank you Grate, I'll see you again next time" He gladly smiled and gave me a bow once the elevator door opened, I then pulled Chase towards the office of Charles, located on the very corner of the floor. I knocked on the door once I saw Charles' silhouette, sitting on the shivel chair and is talking with a man.

"Tori, Chase, what are you doing here?"

"Daddy, we prepared lunch for you!" Chase hurriedly ran to his father and climbed up on his lap as I walked towards his desk and placed the paper bags there.

"Chase had been worried, he said you might not be eating properly since he can't have lunch with you at the same time. Who might this man be?"

"He's Fred, he's my friend and is also a reporter. He was the one who published the article regarding Chase and you"

"It's nice meeting you Ms. Victoria, I'll leave your office then sir. I want to give you and your whole family some time" Fred spoke once he shook my hand and then left, I sat on the chair in front of Charles and started unpacking all the lunch box inside.

"Chase helped me made that, I think he'll be interested in culinary when he grows up"

"He has to handle our business, though he can also take culinary, anything my son wants then he'll have it" Chase started eating without me even giving him the permission but when he took his first bite of the food his son and I made, he was stunned and was like frozen.

"Is it not yummy daddy? I think it's yummy though"

"No Chase, nothing's wrong. It's very yummy, I missed having these foods. Tori, nothing changed" A small smile appeared on my lips as Charles held my hand while the other ruffled our son's hair... Indeed, nothing really changed...