Part 10

~~~ Saturday ~~~

It had been a whole week since Rosie and Grace had spoken to each other. Both had tried to reach out to their friend but something always held them back.

Grace was just embarrassed and scared that she had crossed a huge line that would ruin their friendship and clearly she was right because she hadn't heard from Rosie at all and that awkward interaction at school on Wednesday proved it.

Rosie on the other hand was just confused. She didn't know how to deal with all these new emotions she was having. She missed her friend dearly. Normally if she was confused about her feelings she would turn to Grace but because Grace was the source of these feelings of which she was still unsure about, she couldn't talk to her.

Rosie had been moping around the house for days and it was starting to piss Dinah off. The two were still a little distant from the argument last weekend, the same could be said between Rosie and Normani. So that really wasn't helping Rosie at all right now.

She was sitting in the living room flipping through the channels not really watching anything when Dinah came into the room and sat down next to her.

"Hey." Rosie mumbled.

"Hey." Dinah replied.

There was that awkward silence again that had been looming between the two Tongans for days now. Both were stubborn and too proud to do anything to break it. But being the adult in all this Dinah bit her tongue and decided (more like Normani decided) to make an attempt to bridge the gap that was forming between the two.

"We need to talk about what happened last weekend and I mean talk...No yelling." She finally spoke up.

"Ok." Rosie softly replied as she turned off the TV.

Where to begin?

"I just...I don't understand why you said what you said." Dinah stated.

Rosie looked down and felt that familiar pang of guilt and remorse.

"I don't know Ma...I was just upset." She mumbled.

"That's not a good enough excuse. You've been upset before and you've never said something that hurtful. What's going on Ducky? This past week you've been moping around and being a total bitch to everyone in the house and its not just because of what happened with your mom. Is it to do with school? Or Cheerleading? Or Greg?" she gritted that last bit through clenched teeth.

Rosie shook her head and tried not to let any of the tears fall that were beginning to form.

"Then what is it? Did you have a fight with Grace? Because I haven't seen her here since last week and you haven't been over to the Jauregui house either."

Rosie didn't reply. A common trait with the Jane-Hamilton children was that if they never verbalized an answer it was mostly because it was true. Both Rosie and Ben were terrible liars when it came to their parents, especially Normani.

Dinah sighed and wrapped her arm around her daughter's shoulder and pulled her into her side and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Rosie wrapped her arms around her mother's waist as a few silent tears fell down her cheeks.

"What was the fight about?" Dinah finally asked.

"We didn't...we didn't fight." She mumbled.

"Well something happened." Her mother pointed out.

After a few moments pause of Rosie deciding whether or not she would tell her mother the younger girl sighed and then explained.

"Grace kissed me." She whispered.