Part 25 : "I'm sorry.."

~~~ Cabello-Jauregui House ~~~

"Charlie do you know that your fish is dead?" Toby asked his little sister as he sat totally bored out of his mind because Charlie had made him watch her new dance.

Charlie looked horrified and ran over to her fish bowl and saw that Mr. Bubbles McGee her long time goldfish friend seemed to be not so happy as he usually would be. She took a few steps closer to the fish bowl and gently tapped on the glass. But the fish didn't react he didn't even move at all.

"Mr. Bubbles McGee?" She asked softly.

"Sorry Charlie but I think Mr. Bubbles has gone to fishy heaven." Toby said as he came up to look at the dead fish.

"But...it was his birthday next week." She replied sadly.

"I'm sure he held on as long as he could."

Charlie sighed and then hugged her brother.

~~~ Medical Clinic ~~~

Normani sat on the uncomfortable chairs and absentmindedly flipped through an old magazine while she waited to see the doctor. She never thought she'd be back here. After ten years she thought she would be fine.

"Normani?"

She looked up and saw her doctor so she headed over to the examination room and took a seat.

"Hello Normani, it's been a while, what can I do for you today?" She smiled.

"I think it's come back Belinda." Normani sighed.

The doctor's smile faded.

"I found a lump the other day and I think it's grown." Normani added.

Belinda nodded and grabbed some gloves, Normani knew the drill she took her top off and showed her where the lump was. The doctor felt around, Normani tried to read her expressions but she wasn't giving anything away. After the examination she quickly wrote down some notes and then looked at Normani.

"It could be a number of things-" She started.

"Just tell me if it's back." Normani interrupted.

Belinda sighed.

"We can only know with a biopsy."

Normani nodded, Belinda would have expected Normani to be upset but she wasn't she was mad.

"This isn't fair. I beat this...it's been gone for ten years I thought that was it."

"We always knew there would be a risk of it coming back Normani...it might not even be cancer it could be a small cyst or it could be benign. I'll set you up for the biopsy and we will know the results in a few days."

 ~~~ Jane-Hamilton House ~~~

Normani came home later that day a little sore from the biopsy she wasn't sure how she was going to keep this from Dinah. She didn't want her to know, she didn't want to let her down again. The three years of her treatment last time was torture for both girls. She knew how much it affected her wife even though she tried to put up a tough front, she could still hear her cry herself to sleep every night. She couldn't put her through that again.

"Hey Mom, can I read you my poem that I wrote." Ben asked as he came into Normani's small office room.

"Sure Benny." She smiled.

The small boy cleared his throat and stood tall holding the piece of paper in front of him.

"Roses are red violets are blue,
You have pretty eyes and a nice voice too.
There's flowers everywhere and I think it's a sign,
So please take my hand and say you'll be mine."