Part 11 : Ice Cream

~~~ Monday at School ~~~

Over the weekend Rosie did some thinking and in her conclusions she decided that she needed to make things right with Grace. She had a plan:

Step One: Find Grace and apologise for calling her a dyke

Step Two: Apologise for getting angry

Step Three: Apologise for avoiding her for the last week

Step Four: Apologise for not returning her messages

Step Five: Apologise for apologising so much

Step Six: Be friends again

Step Seven: Forget the kiss ever happened

Step Eight: Go back to how things used to be and ask her to hang out after school.

Her plan was flawless and now all she needed to do was find her friend and not get angry and mess things up again. She headed over to the soccer field because she knew that Grace had early morning practice on Mondays but when she got there she saw Grace was chatting and laughing with that new girl, Hannah. She decided to put her plan into action during second period instead.

Second period came and went and Rosie missed her chance to talk to Grace the same happened in 3rd and 4th period. Apparently Hannah and Grace had to go everywhere together. So Rosie decided that during lunch she would talk to her. But at lunch time Grace and Hannah sat with the rest of her soccer team and it would have just been too awkward going up to her then. So Rosie decided to talk to her after school.

The final bell rang and Rosie rushed to her locker in hopes to find Grace by hers...alone. She knew Grace and Hannah weren't in the same class for the last lesson of the day and that Hannah's locker was at the other end of the hallway whereas Rosie's locker was two down from Grace's so she only had a limited time frame to talk to her friend.

Grace wandered up to her locker and put her stuff away and grabbed what she needed to take home when Rosie came up next to her looking a little nervous.

"Hey"

Grace was a little startled but gave her a small smile.

"Hey"

"I'm really sorry I called you a dyke and I'm sorry for getting mad at you and I'm sorry for avoiding you last week and I'm sorry for not returning your messages. I'm just sorry." Rosie all but blurted out in one big breath she then continued.

"I want us to be friends again and can we just forget the kiss ever happened and can we just go back to the way things were and do you want to hang out today?" She quickly added.

Done and done all steps are now complete she just needed Grace to say something.

Grace stood there a little stunned by the rush of words that just fell out of Rosie's mouth.

"Please say something." Rosie asked looking worried.

"I forgive you." Grace sighed.

Rosie couldn't help the massive grin that appeared on her face, Grace couldn't help but smile a little too.

"I know you were just upset and I don't blame you. I want us to be friends again…I shouldn't have kissed you." Grace mumbled.

"Hey, it's ok…its forgotten we can just be friends again." Rosie replied.

Grace nodded.

"It's forgotten." She replied a little sadly.

"Great, so how about you come over to mine we pop in some of my mom's One Tree Hill DVDs and make fun of what they're wearing while we pig out on gummy bears and I'll even let you eat all the red ones." Rosie grinned.