Part 40: Shit just got real

~~~ Sunday Night ~~~

Lauren, Jack and Beth spent a few hours talking and getting to know each other. Jack had to go back to Washington for a few weeks but he promised Beth he would call her whenever he got a free moment. Lauren could not be happier about how things have turned out. When she was 16, alone and terrified she never thought it would end up like this. After leaving the Harper house Lauren drove Jack back to the house to pick up his things and say goodbye to everyone. He also promised to stay in touch with Charlie and Toby and of course Lauren, Camila and the Jane-Hamilton family. Lauren then drove him to the airport and said her goodbyes there and told him to come back anytime and to come to their Wedding Anniversary party that was next month.

-

When Lauren came home that night it was pretty late but she went to go see if Grace was still awake because she hadn't had a chance to talk to her properly since she sent her to her room on Saturday. She went into her daughter's room and found her sitting up in bed texting someone.

"I thought I told you were grounded. That means no phone." Lauren told her.

Grace didn't bother to respond and just kept typing away.

"Hand it over Grace." Lauren told her holding out her hand.

"In a minute." She muttered.

"No now!" Lauren raised her voice.

Grace didn't comply so Lauren reached over and snatched it off of her and turned it off. Grace was so not impressed.

"What the fuck?" She hissed.

"Excuse me? You know what Grace I am getting really sick and tired of this. You need to grow up and stop behaving like a spoiled brat." Lauren replied almost yelling.

"God why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?" Grace yelled back.

"Whoa! What is going on in here?" Camila asked as she stood by the bedroom door.

Neither of them replied.

"Well?" Camila asked getting annoyed herself.

"You need to have a word with your daughter." Lauren hissed before walking out.

After hearing that Grace got up and walked over to the small bathroom and slammed the door shut locking it and refusing to answer when Camila asked her to come back out.

"Gracie…sweetie let me in."

"No." Grace replied through a sob.

"Honey, come on…we need to talk about what happened. Why were you and your mom arguing?" Camila asked.

"Please just leave me alone Mama."

"I can't do that when you're upset. Please just come out…we don't have to talk right now but just come out of the bathroom. You'll get cold in there."

"I'm not cold."

"Baby please."

After trying to get Grace to come out and failing Camila went to go look for her wife. She found her locked in their bathroom. Camila sighed and sat down on the floor near the bathroom door.

"Lauren…Babe let me in."

"No." Lauren replied through a sob.

"Honey come on we need to talk about this. I can't have two of my three favourite girls upset on the same night it hurts my heart."

"Don't guilt trip me Camz." Lauren sighed.

"Just come out and we can talk."

After a moments silence the lock turned but Lauren didn't come out. So Camila stood up and went inside the bathroom. Lauren was curled up in the bathtub holding onto a tissue. Camila took a seat on the edge of the tub and brushed back the hair in Lauren's face.