Part 23: Tension

~~~ Hannah's House ~~~

To say Hannah was a little surprised to find her girlfriend standing at her doorstep in tears was a bit of an understatement. Poor Gracie couldn't hold in her emotions and just cried as Hannah held onto her. After standing in the doorway for several minutes Hannah managed to move them both into her bedroom. She sat Grace down on her bed and quickly got her a glass of water and a tissue.

"What happened?" Hannah asked full of concern.

"Everything." Grace mumbled.

"Ok…what does that mean exactly?" She asked as she sat down next to her.

Grace sighed and grabbed Hannah's hand in her own and entwined their fingers.

"Please don't get mad at me." She mumbled.

Hannah's stomach dropped that did not sound good…not at all.

"What happened Gracie?" She asked again.

"I…everything is so messed up. My mom told us last night that apparently when she was 16 she had a baby and gave it up for adoption and now she's come back looking for her and we had no idea about any of this. She's kept this from all of us…well except for my Ma and my Aunts." Grace rambled.

"Ok…that's…wow…um…I don't know what to say to that."

"Me either…I just feel like my mom is this completely different person to who I thought she was." Grace replied.

"Ok I get that but…why did you tell me not to get mad at you? Why would that make me mad?" Hannah asked.

Grace briefly looked up at her girlfriend then quickly looked away.

"I…I went to go see…Rosie and we talked about it and then I..She….We kissed." She hesitantly replied.

Grace felt Hannah's hand stiffen in her own then she felt her hand slip away. Hannah quickly stood up and walked over to her desk with her back facing Grace. Grace was about to say something when Hannah spun around not at all looking happy.

"I knew there was something there. I knew she liked you." She said with a hint of anger and jealousy.

"I'm sorry." Grace replied looking extremely remorseful.

"Do you like her?" Hannah asked.

"I love you." Grace replied.

"That's not what I asked."

"Hannah it doesn't matter because I love you I want to be with you." Grace replied.

"It does matter Gracie and the fact that you keep avoiding the question just proves to me that you do like her…maybe even love her I mean I've seen the way you look at her sometimes when you think no one is watching. At first it didn't bother me as much but that was before I started to think there was actually something between the two of you."

Grace was a little shocked at that she had no idea that she still did that.

"Just tell me the truth Grace." Hannah pleaded.

"I…I do-did…I loved her, she was my best friend and the first girl I ever loved but she…she didn't love me back and so I moved on. I found you and I love you."

"Then why did you kiss her?"

"I don't know…I mean…I was upset about my mom and I don't know she just kissed me and I-"

"Wait so she kissed you first?" Hannah interrupted.

"Well…yeah but-"

"So she took advantage of you." Hannah interrupted again.