Chapter Thirteen: Another Screw Up.

Shane's POV 

I fucked up again, and I had a feeling things were only going to get worse now that Rick- my father- I couldn't stand to call him dad again. He was never a real father to me. He just spent his time getting drunk and beating on my mom. I hated my dad. And I wasn't one to hate people but he earned my hatred. He had no right to o get drunk enough to hit my mother, brother and I. 

Once we finally got him put in jail when I was 12, I made a silent promise to myself that f I ever saw Rick again I'd kill him. Not for my sake but for my mom's. And now that he was getting released he better stay the fuck away from me or he'd be dead. 

It was almost 3pm when I left my moms place. I told her I was going to Luke's to see Marshall but really it was another lie. I was going back to George's. 

George needed me to drive him to Pedro and Luis' house. Apparently they owed George money. Pedro and Luis were twins. they were both grade tens who've apparently been buying off of George since they were in public school. I couldn't help but be a little repulsed by the thought of it. 

I arrived at George’s place by 3:15pm , he was already waiting for me on the front porch with a joint in his hand. He handed it to me, and I took a puff like it was something I did everyday, I was about to pass it back when George shook his head.

“You, can finish that one. I’ve got one more for myself anyways. You starting to like it eh?” he said, lighting up another one. 

I shrugged, “It’s a way to escape from the stress in my life right now.” 

George nodded, ‘Let’s get going, I told Pedro I’d be over by 8:00pm to collect.” George said, heading over to the Camaro. He got in the passenger seat, and I hopped in the drives seat. 

George gave me directions to Pedro and Luis’ house. We both continued to smoke our joints, I felt my body begin to relax as it set in. 

“So, Krissy was a little pissed today eh?” George muttered. 

“Oh, boy she was more than a little pissed. She looked like she was going to kill me, and we both know how she can be.” I said. 

“Oh, yeah. She’s a crazy one. That’s part of what made her so good in bed.” he agreed. 

Okay, now that was a little awkward. I wasn’t use to people talking about how good Kris was in bed. I tried not to let it bother me, but in a way it did. I was envious of George for that. I didn’t know what Kris was like in bed, because we’ve never had sex together before. Not because I didn’t want to, it was because she didn’t want to. The only time I could ever think of that she wanted to have sex was at the one party in May when we were both smashed. 

Why did I have to be stupid or well smart and stop her? She was practically begging for it, and I was an idiot and made her stop. I swear if I could go back in time, I wouldn’t have stopped her. I don’t care if we had protection or not. 

The conversation ended there. We finally arrived at Pedro and Luis’ house. It shockingly looked better than George or even Nathan’s. We got out of the car and went to knock on the door. Pedro opened the door. “Oh, hey George, and…….” I could tell that he didn’t know who I was. 

“Shane.” 

He nodded, “And Shane. Come on in. my mom made cookies.” 

We followed him into the house. The house was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside. But it was a total mess. There was pizza crusts on the light stands and clothes everywhere. It was a disgusting mess. I knew I should be thinking this but I wasn’t use to being in a house that was a mess.