Chapter 24: The End

Chapter 24: The End

I heard the sound of the sirens, as I smashed my fist into George's face again and again. I felt two arms grabbing on to my shoulders, pulling me off of George. Without cluing in who it was, I spat on the asphalt where George laid, cover in blood.

"Kris, enough." I heard Shane say, leading me away from George, and over to the ambulance., where I saw Luke standing.

A middle aged female paramedic approached us.

"Is she alive?" I asked through my tears.

The woman nodded, "Yes, she's alive. But she's lost a lot of blood. We need to take her to the hospital and get her cleaned and fixed up."

I nodded, slowly. "Okay, thank you."

The woman glances at me one more time before heading into the ambulance.

I walked up to the stretcher where my best friend- who was as white as a ghost- was lying. Ashley was there too, standing beside her. I took her hand, I said, "Honey its okay. I'll be at the hospital right after I talk to the cops about this. Ashley will be with you, okay? I love you."

She nodded, slowly. "Okay. Love you too." Her voice was soft and gentle.

I look over to Ashley. "Take care of her. I'll be at the hospital soon."

"I will."

"Thanks, Ash."

She smiled, "Anytime, Sam's my friend too."

I nodded in agreement, and then headed over to Shane and Luke. Shane takes my hand as a police officer who I recognize as Arnold; Shane's step dad approached us. "It seems Hell almost broke loose here."

I shrugged, "George should've know what would happen if he threatened or did anything to Shane or someone else who's important to me, like Sam."

"Yes, I know. He's had it coming to him for awhile. He's mostly likely lucky he's alive right now, if not than I guess it would be our Kris in the handcuffs tonight not George. So I guess we're lucky for that."

Arnold mentioning George being in handcuffs triggered a question in my head. "Arnold, am I facing any kind of charge for what I did to George. I think I broke his nose."

Arnold sighed and then smiled. "No need to worry Kris, you aren't facing any charges. We all know why you did what you did, and we're not placing charges because it was mainly your anger that was used against George. We all understand that. But George, on the other hand, will be facing charges for assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon and marijuana, threats, selling illegal drugs, attempted murder." he explained.

I nodded. I counted the charges in my head, that was about 6 charges. George would most likely be given a life sentence due to the value of all his offenses.

"Hey, Arnold?" Shane asked.

"Yes, Shane?"

"Am I facing any charges for what I did? I had possession of some of George's weed for a period of time."

"Do you still have any of it in your possession?"

Shane shook his head, "No, I got rid of it all. I burnt most of it and gave what I didn't wanna burn back to George."

Arnold nodded, "Okay, well as long as you don't have any with you or in your possession, you're good."

"Okay, thanks." Shane responded, with a nod.

I felt Shane wrap his arms around me as Arnold walked away. I wasn't quite sure why, but tears began falling from my eyes.

"Kris, baby it's okay, George is getting locked up for good." he whispered into my ear.

"Good, I'm just so mad at myself. My anger got the best of me once again!" I cried, with more tears falling from my eyes.

Leaning down to kiss my tears, Shane whispered, "Babe, I'm sorry to say it, but he deserved it. He shot your best friend, for frig sakes!"

I nodded, "yeah he did deserve it, but I still lost it."

Shane didn't have anything to say to that, so he just leaned down and kissed me.

Losing myself in his kiss, I was hoping things would finally go back to normal.

George was finally going behind bars for good now, and that was a relief!

************* sorry it's short guys! i just want to get this story done!

final chapter!

the epilogue should be up soon!!!!!!!!

comment and vote please please please!!!!!!!!! ??****************