Epilogue

Epilogue:

Things had finally gone back to normal, or well as normal as they could be, with George now behind bars.  

After long and intense trial and court battle, with all of his previous charges and the most recent ones, George was sentence to life in jail.

The idea of never having to see George again was an amazing thought. I couldn't have been happier. And to celebrate, Arnold and Helene decide to bring the wedding ahead of schedule.

I was now sitting in a large salon chair, in front of a large mirror as Sandy, the hairstylist Helene hired to do mine and Sam's hair. After hours spend curling both our hair, we got into our dresses (which were light blue with black lace over the skirt which reached our mid thigh) and headed to Helene's room.

"Wow, you guys look gorgeous!" Helene exclaimed as we entered the room.  

I smiled, walking over to give her a hug. "Thanks, Mom. You too." I said, looking down at her dress. It was just at simple ivory mid-thigh length dress with a V-neck. She looked beautiful. Her long brown hair hung down around her face.

"Thank you, Kris." she smiled.  

"You ready?" I asked.  

She nodded. "This isn't the first time I've gotten married, dear. I don't need to be ready."  

I smiled. "Okay, let's go."

Taking Sam's hand the 3 of us headed down stairs from the hotel room where we were staying. The ceremony was on the hotel's golf course. With a large white wooden alter, covered in little white flowers.

Arnold stood on the left side of the alter with Zach and Shane beside him. All 3 had ties the same color as mine and Sam's dress.

Since it was just the renewing of vows, we decide to only invite a few people. Helene's sister Yvonne brought her 4 kids; Alicia, Brooklyn, Tyler and Stewart. Yvonne was a single mom due to her husband leaving her for some hooker 4 years ago after Stewart was born.

Arnold didn't have many of his family still alive besides his 96 year old Grandmother Glen, who looked and acted like she was only 65 and his brother Richard.

So as you can see it was a really small crowd.

My friend Selina had volunteered to play the piano for us. As she began to play a simple melody, Sam and I headed the aisle with Helene following behind us. People smiled at us as we walked.

Reverend John Seldes smiled at us and then began speaking.  

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today for the renewing of vows for Helene and Arnold Vaughan."

Arnold smiled, taking Helene's hands, as Reverend John continued. "It was only 5 years since the day I had the privilege of marrying these to amazing people. And it is a pleasure to be here with them again today."

"So now I ask Helene to please repeat after me: Arnold you are my partner in life."  

"Arnold you are my partner in life."  

"I will continue to keep the promise I made to love through sickness and health."  

Helene continued to repeat the words Reverend John said, just as Arnold did when it was his turn.

Finally Reverend John said, "I'd like to thank you all for coming. Helene and Arnold, is still pronounce you husband and wife." Looking at Arnold, he muttered, "You may kiss your wife."

Just then Arnold leaned in and planted a kiss on Helene's lips. Everyone stood up and clapped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The reception was held in a large hall on Main Street. There were about 5 tables filled with food for people to nimble on. We had a DJ who brought large speakers and his scratch board. 

It was a real party.

It was around 10pm when the DJ made an announcement. "This song was requested by the wife for her son Shane and his girlfriend Kristen. She asked me to read this." he held up a little slip of paper. and began reading.

" 'Life gives us challenges and rough patches. No ones perfect, but there's one thing I've learned in life. And that's you look for the one person in life who makes you want to be a better person. The reason that you change your wrong ways and move on. Sometimes that reason is right in front of you."

Suddenly "The Reason" by Hoobastank begins to play from the speakers. I smile as Shane takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, he pulled me close to his body. I rested my head on his chest and quietly sang along to the song.

Helene was right sometimes "your reason" is right in front of you. Mine just happens to be in my arms.

Shane was the reason I finally got help with my anger problems. The reason I got away from George and away from the weed. He was the reason I decided to be a better person. He was "my reason."

"Mom picked a good song for us. Suits how I feel about you." Shane whispered in my ear.  

"I couldn't agree more." I whispered back.

"You're the reason I didn't go after my dad when he got out of jail. No matter how much I wanted to. You're the reason I got away from the bad people in my life: Tessa and Dean, and especially George. If it weren't for you, I probably would still be smoking weed in George's sketch bag basement. Or in a very unhappy relationship with Tessa. I have you to thank." He confessed.

I reached up to press my lips to his cheek. "I love you, Shane."  

"I love you too, Kris." he said, kissing my lips.

I finally got my happy ending, for now at least.

********** finally! It's done! "The Reason" is now finished!!!! I'm freaking out because this is the first book I have ever written from START to END!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this story! :) if you did it would be awesome to hear what you liked, what you didn't like, who was your favourite character? Who did you like the least! I want your feedback!

I'd like to thank everyone who helped and was a part of writing this book!! Love you all! <3  

I will be posting more stories so please check me out!  

I've posted the offical youtube video for "The Reason" song. check it out!!! 

Thanks guys!!! <3

Love from Julia xoxo *******