S. 01

Honesty

This is when it all began...

"Girl, we about to have so much freaking fun." My cousin Asha said as we walked down the sidewalk of the main streets of New Orleans.

We were currently in the French Quarter of New Orleans but we had already decided that later on we would go to ninth ward and see what it was about over that way.

We had already gotten settled into the house that my mom and dad here. They had given us enough money to pay the bills for the three months since we would be staying and also enough for us to do a little bit of shopping with.

My mom let us drive her all-black Cadillac Escalade. You all may know my mom. Her real name is Dorothy Smith but her stage name is Lady Patra or Patra. She sings an old school song that a lot of people like. It's called Worker Man.

Yep. That's my mother.

Once we got settled in the house we went and got us something to eat, which ended up being Popeye's. We ate and then walked around.

"You know we definitely about to enjoy ourselves. Then we have the whole house to ourselves. You know it's up." I told my cousin.

"Hell yeah. It's too lit. Oh the next thing we need to do is be on the look out for some fine ass jawns when we go to ninth ward." She stated and I shook​ my head at her before chuckling.

She is always thinking about boys, I thought to myself.

"Girl them boys over there too much." I said.

"How you know that?" She asked.

"I don't but I heard about them. I heard all they want is to get what's between your legs and be done with you. So I'm going to stick to my fine H-Town boys in Houston." I stated.

"Mm." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Please find you a real man here in New Orleans. One that's gonna put it in your life and have you begging for more." She said.

"Uh yeah no. That's not happening. I'm here to have fun and forget about all my problems in Texas. I want to enjoy these three months of summer without having to worry about a boy or looking over my shoulder wondering if one is cheating on me. They're nothing but a distraction. I gotta have fun while I can because when the fall gets here, it's back to the books." I stated.

"If you say so. But I give you about a month and you're gonna be head over hills for some boy down here." She said but I disagreed.

"I beg to differ." I told her as we walked back towards the Escalade.

"Okay. Don't say I didn't tell you." She said and I laughed.

Minutes later, we made it to the truck and I got in the driver's seat while Asha got in the passenger's seat.

I typed ninth ward into my GPS before driving off. Asha reached over and turned on the radio and lucky​ for me my song was on, which was Panda by Desiigner.

"I got broads in Atlanta. Twistin' dope, lean, and the Fanta. Credit cards and the scammers. Hittin' off licks in the bando." Asha and I sung along.

I reached over and turned the radio down before glancing over at Asha to find her mugging me, I laughed before speaking.

"You know anybody on this side of the tracks?" I asked her and she shook her head no.

"So what are we going to do since we don't know anybody on this side of town?" I asked and she shrugged before turning the radio back up.