S. 20

Honesty

It was now twelve o'clock in the afternoon and we had​ just made it to Houston. Giovanni ended up coming with​ us also because he wanted to be there for Asha and I understood that.

"What motel we staying at for these three days we are here?" Giovanni asked.

"Motel 6. August already called in us two rooms. We just gotta pay when y'all get there." I said as he drove down the streets of Houston. It was hot as hell out here.

"Y'all? What you mean y'all?" Giovanni said and I laughed.

"You and August duh." I said and shook my head.

"Ugh he could've have paid for both but it's all good. I see how it is August. We are no longer a thing. I need all my things out you're house as soon as possible. I'm moving out. We are officially done." Giovanni said in a fake girl voice making all of us laugh and August flicked him off as he kept his attention on the road.

Minutes later August pulled up to Motel 6. Getting out of the rental car, we all walked through front door and saw a lady at the desk.

Asha and I stayed behind as the boys went to pay for the rooms.

"How you holding up?" Asha asked me.

"Alright for now. I don't know how I'm going to be when we go to see her." I told her.

"It's gonna be okay. I promise." She hugged me and rubbed my back.

"I hope so. I can't lose my momma. You, her and my dad, y'all are all I got." I told her.

"You have August too. He might not have told you yet but the way he looks at you is the same way your dad looks at AIntie Dorothy. He loves you, he just doesn't know it yet." She looked at me and said.

"We aren't even together." I stated and looked down at my feet.

"That don't matter. Hell Giovanni and I aren't together either but neither one of us is fucking with other people. Oh please don't say anything." She said and I furrowed my brows at her.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant. And no I haven't told Giovanni yet. I don't want to tell him yet. I want to wait to tell him." She said.

"Oh my God! You're carrying my baby cousin?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I'm so going to spoil him or her." I squealed before hugging her.

"What y'all all happy over here for?" Giovanni asked.

"Don't worry about it." I told him.

August walked over to me before leaning down and putting me over his shoulder making me squeal.

"August put me down." I said and laughed.

I looked at Asha and she winked at me as August carried me away. Once he made it to our room, he stuck the key in the door before opening it and closing it behind us.

He laid me down on the bed making me laugh.

"You okay?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I told him before leaning up and pecking his lips.

"What time you want to go see your mom?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'd rather go now." I stated as he stood up and grabbed my hands and helped me up off the bed.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded. "Alright let's go." He said.

"Which room is Giovanni and Asha's?" I asked August as we left out the room and he locked the door behind us.