S. 35

August

Hearing my phone ringing I rolled my eyes because I was already annoyed as hell due to Rocky and Ace with their bad ass.

Running all through my damn house and jumping over my damn good ass furniture that I spent my hard earned money on like somebody done gave them some damn cocaine to snort and they high as a kite.

Looking at the caller ID, I saw that it was my baby and I quickly answered the phone.

"Hello." I said as soon as I answered the phone.

"Baby." I heard her groaned and it sounded like she was in pain and I stood up from the chair I was sitting in.

"Honesty what's wrong?" I questioned in a worried tone.

"Come to me. I got shot." She whimpered into the phone.

When those last three words escaped her mouth, I shook my head furiously at the fact that she was hurt.

"I'll be there soon." I said before we both hung up the phone.

Grabbing my wallet and car keys, I headed out my front door and locked it behind me before getting in my car and heading over to Giovanni's house to get him.

________
Hours Later

Giovanni was furious at the moment and it was because of the conversation him and Asha had on the phone while he was in the car.

She had explained to him why she was with Honesty and he was livid. His whole face was red.

I wanted to crack some jokes so bad but he looked as if he was ready to rip somebody's head off so I thought I'd just save my jokes for later.

Making our way down the hall to Honesty's hospital room, we were met with Mr. Smith, and a dark skin woman in a hospital gown walking alongside Mr. Smith.

She looked like Honesty and that's when it dawned on me and I realized it was her mom and I bucked my eyes.

She's awake? When did she wake up? Does Honesty know she's awake?

"What's up son? What's up Giovanni?" Mr. Smith said once he noticed us.

"Damn I'm not consider as your son too? That really hurt my feelings." Giovanni said and nodded his head as if he was really hurt by it but he really wasn't.

"I didn't know you had any." Mr Smith said making all of us laugh at his smart remark towards Giovanni.

Giovanni rolled his eyes ignoring what Mr. Smith had just said

"Hey. Who's this?" I glanced over at Honesty's mom.

"I'm Dorothy. Honesty's mom, and you must be August. Every time my daughter came to see me, all she would talk about is you." Honesty's mom explained. "And you must be Giovanni. She said you're annoying but I highly doubt that."

"More like agitating." I mumbled and Giovanni nudged me with his elbow.

"Speaking of Honesty, we just left from seeing her. I'm pretty sure you both already know what happened if y'all here in Houston." He said and I nodded.

"She had called me and told me she got shot and I hurried down here, and while doing so I got a couple of speeding tickets." I said. "Is she awake?" I asked.

"No. She's been asleep ever since they put her to sleep before her surgery." He explained.

"Alright." I sighed before opening her room door and seeing Asha.

Giovanni quickly rushed over to her and hugged her tightly. Rolling my eyes​ at the sight of the two of them, I walked over and grabbed a chair before sitting it beside Honesty's hospital bed and sat down in it.

Grabbing her hand, I held it in mine before silently praying to myself.

Honesty

Opening my eyes, I closed them right back when the bright lights from the room stunned my eyes.

Groaning in pain as I tried to sit up, I felt a hand find its way to my stomach.

Opening my eyes once again, I let my eyes adjust to the bright lights and once they did, I looked over to my left and saw August.

He was sitting in the chair right beside my hospital bed and Asha and Giovanni, whole I hadn't noticed until now, were standing up against the wall by the door.

August looked down at me at sighed in relief. He leaned over at placed a tender kiss on my head and grabbed my hand in his.

"You scared the shit out of me." He said in a calm tone, a little too calm for my liking.

"Damn, it took you forever to wake up. Your big headed ass was sleep for about a good day." Asha came over to me and said before hugging me.

"Ugh, I knew she wasn't going to die." Giovanni waved me off.

"But we have a lot to talk about Missy. Especially since you let my pregnant ass girlfriend to be a lil hood ass female with you." Giovanni pointed and fussed at me.

Rolling my eyes at him, I ignored his statement and looked over at August.

"Don't you ever do no shit like that to me again. You hear me?" He asked and I nodded.

"Did you at least kill the nigga?" Giovanni making me looked at him and mug him.

"What the fuck do you think I did? Just let the nigga walk with a free pass? The fuck out of here." I said angrily with my eyebrows knitted together.

"Someone wants too see you." August smirked at me before getting up from his chair and walking over to the door.

Looking over to Asha and Giovanni, they were also smirking which made me look at them with a frown on my face.

August opened the door and all I could do was stare. I was speechless and in shock. This couldn't be happening to me right now, yet it was happening and I was so thankful and grateful.

Thank God she's awake.

"Mama." I finally spoke.

____________
Excuse Any Mistakes!!!