S. 27

Honesty

"Yo Honesty. Let's go." I heard from the other side of Asha's Motel room.

"Girl please get some dick while we here. You need some." Asha said and I rolled my eyes at her and waved her off.

I got up and opened the door to see August there with a tiger standing beside him and I slammed the door in his face.

"August what the hell? Where did you get a tiger from?" I yelled.

"Man Honesty open the door. He ain't gone do nothing to you." He said from the other side of the door and I rolled my eyes.

Lord why do I always like the crazy ones.

I opened the door slowly and looked down to see the tiger now laying next to August foot.

"Yo August what's wrong with you nigga? I think you loco for real. Getting all these damn animals. Them damn exotic animals gone be the death of you one day. Watch and see what I tell you." Asha fussed from inside the room.

August looked in the room at Asha and flicked her off before focusing his attention on me.

"Come on we gotta get back to Montego Bay." August stated before snapping his finger at the tiger making it stand back up and I back up a little.

"Girl he ain't gone do shit to you. He tamed." August said before walking away from the door with the tiger following behind him.

I sighed and looked back at Asha.

"He crazy." She mouthed to me making me instantly laugh at her.

"I'll see you later girl." I told her before walking out of her room and closing the door behind me before following August to my dad's room.

He opened the door and let the tiger go in first before walking in and I followed him inside the room and closed the door behind us.

"We about to head back to Montego Mr. Smith." August told my dad.

"Son, I think it's about time you starting calling me dad." My father told August and my eyes bulged out of my head at his statement.

"Okay. I'm leave Ace here in the closet. That's okay?" August asked my dad.

"No he can stay out. You got that tiger smart as hell too because he opened the closet door earlier and came out." My dad laughed.

"Yeah. He's my big baby." August said before squatting down to the tiger's level.

"I'm see you later okay?" He said making the tiger lift his paw and place it on August shoulder.

"I love you too Ace." August said and the tiger started to lick August all over his face making August laugh.

"Honesty come here." August said and I stiffened up.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I asked.

"Girl come here. He ain't gone do nothing to you." August said.

I rolled my eyes before walking over to them and squatted down next to August.

Ace looked over at me before stepping in front of me. He leaned up, smelling me for a while then he licked my face making me frown and scrunch up my face.

"Yeah I'm definitely going to wash my face tonight." I stated making August and my dad laughed at my statement.

"Alright we about to head out now." August stood up and so did I.

Ace rubbed his head up against my leg and it made my heart fluttering.

Aw, he really is harmless. Just a harmless, tamed tiger. A big baby.