S. 36

Honesty

"Mama" I finally spoke.

"I'm here baby." She said as she walked over to me and I sat up and hugged her so tight as if I was afraid to let her go.

The truth was, I was afraid to let her go. The woman who gave me life and raised me to be the respectable young woman I am today, could've die from that car accident yet she didn't.

God answered my prayers and let her stay here and I was more than thankful and grateful for that.

"I missed you so much mama." I said.

I cried into her shoulder as tears streamed down my face and I knew she was also cry right along with me when I felt her tears soak my hospital gown.

"I miss you too baby." She cried back.

Hearing my hospital room door being closed, I looked around my room and noticed that everybody had left out of the room and it was only my mother and I.

I guess they left out I give my money and I some privacy.

The only being heard in the room were our cries as we held each other and enjoyed this beautiful moment we were having.

"Oh my God, I'm too much of a badass mom to be crying like a baby right now." My mom whined out making her and I laugh.

"Oh mom chill." I said laughing as we pulled away from each other and she sat down beside me as she smiled brightly.

"Now we seriously have to talk about that handsome young man you got staying out there waiting for you." She said making me blush because I knew she was talking about August.

"I love him so much mama." I admitted while grinning.

"He loves you just as much as you love him. I can tell just by the way he looks at you." She assured me.

Hearing someone walk through the door, we both looked and saw it was the doctor.

"Hey, I'm Dr. Rogers." He said.

Damn he fine ass hell! And he look young as fuck

"Um I you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I asked, curiously.

"I'm twenty-eight." He said and smiled genuinely at me and my mom.

"Lord, Jesus Christ. Thank you God for blessing me with a fine ass doctor." I said looking up at the ceiling.

"Honesty!" My mom screeched making me look back at her and the doctor.

"Oh sorry." I smiled at him.

"It's okay. Trust me I get that reaction a lot. But how are you feeling, Miss Smith?" He asked while holding a clipboard and a pen in his hand.

"I'm fine. Sore, but fine." I assured him.