S. 03

Honesty

"Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like." Asha and I song along to Bruno Mars's song, That's What I Like.

"What we doing today?" I asked Asha as I looked in the mirror while I flat-ironed the leave-out of my sew-in.

"Well Giovanni had texted me about coming to his house to chill with him. He's already outside but if you want us to do something together I can cancel on him." She stated and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Girl are you crazy! Do not cancel your plans. I'll just find me something to do." I shrugged.

I'm pretty sure I could easily find something to do. After all this is New Orleans.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay if I go with Giovanni?" She asked.

"Girl yes. Go and have fun." I stated.

"Okay. I love you." She kissed my forehead before grabbing her cellphone ​and purse.

"I love you too." I told her as I finished my hair.

I unplugged the flat iron before walking out of the bathroom. I sat down on the sofa in the living room and sighed.

Now I'm all alone with nothing to do. I guess it's better if I just headed out and drive around until I'm ready to come back home.

I got up from my place on the sofa and grabbed my purse from the bedroom before heading out the front door, locking the house up behind me.

I got in the car and started it up before heading to the park since I didn't have anything else to do.

After arriving, I sat in my car for a little while just looking out the windshield. Looking at people walking, talking, laughing and filled with joy with smiles on their faces.

After sitting in my car for a while, I finally got out and decided to walk around. I walked around in the park before sitting on a swing.

About an hour later, dark was approaching and everyone and their kids were starting to walk away from the park. I wasn't​ ready to go back to the house just yet. I sighed at looked down at my feet.

Minutes later I decided I was ready to go, I got up from the swing and walk into the direction of the car but before I could make it to the car I was met with a group of guys.

"Say mama what's your name?" I heard but I kept walking only for one of them to grab my arm and I jerked it away from him. "Oh you a feisty one." He said and the other ones laughed.

"Leave me alone." I tried to sound demanding.

I tried to walk away but two of them got in front of me. I turned around to walk the other way only for two more of them to block me. I sighed because I now knew that this could only end two ways.

Either I let them do what they​ was trying to do or I stabbed each and every one of they asses with this pocket knife I got on me. And one of them two things damn sure wasn't about to happen.

"Nope baby. We cannot let you go that easily." He grabbed me and I slapped him across his face. He clenched his jaw before grabbing me by my neck and squeezing.

"You should think next time before putting your hands​ on somebody." He stated. "Now I see you ain't doing all that shit now bitch."

Just as I was about to slap him again, one of​ his boys grabbed both of my​ hands before kicking the back of my knee and making me fall.

"Man hold her ass down. I'm not about to play with her." He said.

The same one that kicked me, grabbed my hands​ in a tight hold and held them above my head and I kicked and screamed.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I screamed as loud as I could before he slapped me and placed his hand over my mouth.

"Shut up bitch." He said and I bit his hand until I felt his blood touch my lip. "Ah shit! You bitch!" He yelled before black handing me.

I kneed him in his private area causing him to hunch over and hold his self.

"You fuckin bitch! I'm done playing games with you." He said before unbuttoning his pants and slid them done.

I kicked my legs but I felt hands grabbed them and pin them down and now I really couldn't do anything.

He reached and unbuttoned my pants and slid them down before leaving me in my panties and I now had tears streaming down my face.

I was scared, afraid and frightened.

"Somebody help me!" I cried out.

Just when I thought this was it for me I heard a gun being cocked in the distance. I looked over to the direction it came from and saw August in the distance beside a tree. He looked at me and placed his index finger over his mouth signaling for me to not say anything.

Just as the dude was about to pull down my panties, August came out and walked over slowly and placed his gun at the boy's head.

The two boys that were holding me down had let me go and I sighed.

I was mentally thanking him for saving me from what was about to happen.

"Damn August we was just trying to scare her." The boy said and held his hands up.

I got up and pulled my pants up and looked over at August and saw him looking at the boy with a straight face while holding his gun up in the boy's face. I walked over to August and grabbed his arm.

"It's not worth it." I whispered in August's ear. I knew he held me because he clenched his jaw.

Just when I thought he was about to let it go, he fired his gun, shooting the boy that was about to rape me, in his private area causing the boy to hunch over while clutching his private area. Blood just ran down the boy's legs and I had to look away because it was just to gruesome to look.

August pointed the gun at the two that were holding me and shot them in the arm before turning around and looking at me.

He reached behind me and grabbed my phone out of
my back pocket.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him and he ignored me.

He put his number in my phone and put mine in his before giving my phone back to me.

Seconds​ later my phone dinged and I checked it and laughed at what he put his contact name as.

From: AugPooh😏
To: 281-557-0210

Don't come back out here at night by yourself. Are you okay?

"Yeah I'm okay. Thanks by the way. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't come save me. But you know you didn't have to shoot them." I motioned towards the boy still bleeding out and whimpering and then the other two clutching their arms.

From: AugPooh😏
To: 281-557-0210

Yeah I did. Now he won't and can't try to rape somebody. You should head home.

"You too. It's getting late. Hey I have​ a question though."

From: AugPooh 😏
To: 281-557-0210

Shoot.

"Why you won't talk?" I asked him.

I noticed he tensed up at my question before looking down at his phone and started tapping and a minute later I received his message.

From: AugPooh😏
To: 281-557-0210

That's​ for me to know and for everybody (including your curious ass) to not worry about. Have a nice night.

I read his message and looked up to see him already walking away. I rolled my eyes before heading to my car.

He's going to be a hard person to crack open.

_______________________
EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES!!!
Published (5/15/2017)
Edited (4/9/2018)