Prologue

A young man crouched in the corner of the dark and damp alley, shaking in fear, covered in blood and grit. He looked up to see the city of New York restored to perfection, rain falling like small pins from the sky, puddles of rainwater pooling everywhere, but all the indoor and outdoor lights were closed and dimmed. All except for one.
He went cautiously to the church he called "home", looking at the damage he caused and the terrible mess he left it in. His 'Ma' was lying on the ground, dead as could be. Chastity was buried under a mound of bricks. Modesty was gone.
As another glass tile fell off the window, he sank onto the dirty floor and started to sob.
The window with a light on, which was just opposite from the church, stood a female silhouette, with Y/H/L hair, looking at the shaking figure from behind her lace curtains. She knew him quite well, from all the gatherings that she attended. He was the saddest soul on earth. She quickly closed the curtains before her own tears spilt down, promising herself that she would go to see him tomorrow.
The man looked up at the window just as the curtains closed,hoping to see the light again, but they were closed just like the others. The street was dark and black. Rain fell quicker and sharper. He looked around the church to find a flicker of living, a flicker of light.
Nobody cares now. I'm on my own.
A single white butterfly flew into the dark room, landing softly on a wildflower growing in the broken nooks of the church. He crawled towards it, eyes wide, but the butterfly flew away to land on the crashed chandelier on the ceiling, far away from him.
Even insects hate me.
His only flicker of hope vanished and he curled into himself, tears still flowing freely, rocking back and forth, and cried himself to sleep.

A/N: Hi!!!!!!! This story takes place AFTER the Obscurial accident, and Newt has left on the boat. :( I promise he will come back soon! This is my first fanfiction, and it is gonna be a tad weirder than others, butttttt I hope that you all enjoy it, give comments, vote and most of all,
Credence Barebone Deserved Better.