Eighteen

Credit to @Imaginecredence on tumblr 

Sorry for the very very very very late update. 

You carefully helped Credence onto the couch, he was so weak and cold. You got him another blanket and wrapped it around him. You also started a fire in your fireplace to help him warm up. You did all of this as quickly as you could. After you finished, you sat down next to him on the couch. You took a big sigh, tears forming in your eyes. "How, Credence? How are you alive? I saw you explode." You said in a shaky voice, trying to hold back tears. "I-I don't know. I just woke up in an alley." He said in a quiet, croaky voice. You started to lean in for a hug but Credence put his arms up, as if to defend himself. "I don't want to hurt you." He said, slowly lowering his arms. "I'm a monster."

"No, you're not Credence. Don't say tha-."

"I killed my own mother." He said, cutting you off. In the glowing light of the fire you could see tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

You sighed. "That wasn't you. That was that thing inside you, the Obscurus."

"Are you scared of me?" He asked, his voice cracking. "No. I know you would never hurt me."

You sat there in silence for a few minutes, listening to the crackling of the fire.

"Can I please hug you?" You asked, about to cry. "I thought I was never going to see you agai-"

You were interrupted by Credence falling into you. His head laid on your chest and his arm wrapped around your waist.You leaned your head down to his, resting your lips on the top of his head. You hugged each other so tight and for so long it could have been days, but you both felt so safe and content it didn't matter.

After a while he sat up, both wiping away tears. "I was there. I saw everything that happen." You said, sniffling. "I wanted to come help you, but I didn't know how." You were starting to cry again.

"There was nothing you could have done." He quietly said.

"I felt so helpless. I saw everything that man did to you." You said, starting to get angry.

"Y/N, it doesn't matter anymore."

You sighed, scooting in closer, laying your head on his shoulder. "I'm just glad you're here." You stayed still for a while, leaning into him.

"You know, before I met you, I was starting to get really lonely. Starting to wonder why I moved to New York." You said quietly. "Where were you before?" Credence asked. "Maine. I grew up there. All my family's there."

You had never mentioned your family before and Credence was curious. "Are you close with your family?" He asked. "Yeah, we're pretty close."

"How many siblings do you have?" He asked.

"Are you sure you want to talk about this? I don't want to hurt you?"

You asked him. You didn't want to talk about your family and make him feel bad about his. Your family was no where close to perfect, but compared to Credence's they where.

"Yeah, I want to know more about you." You smiled at this. It had been so long since you had someone to just talk to.

"I have an older brother and sister and a younger brother."

"Are you close with your parents?"

"Yeah. My mom and I write to each other a lot." Credence loved learning more about you.

"Well, I was going to make some soup before you scared me out of my skin." You said jokingly, breaking the silence. "Do you want to take a bath? It will get you clean and help you warm up."