Fifteen

A/N: How many languages do you speak?

It had been a few days since that night when Credence had come over. You hadn't seen him much since then. Credence was kind of avoiding you and you knew it. You didn't want to push him. You wanted to give him his time and space. But you were always there for him. Almost everyday you would find him on the streets, handing out flyers. You would watch him from across the street, making sure he was okay.

Sometimes you would come up to him, never saying anything. He knew you were just checking on him and he appreciated it.

One afternoon on your day off, you decided to go see Credence. You found him on the steps of the Library with his mother who was giving her daily speech on witches and wizards. You walked up to the crowd and searched for Credence. You found him and made your way through the crowd. When he saw you, you smiled and waved. His mouth slightly curved at the sight of your happy face. He quickly raised his hand, waving back. You walked up closer to him, still smiling.

When Mary Lou had finished her speech, she noticed you and walked down to you. "Y/N, back for more?" She asked, in a rather kind voice. "Um... Yeah." You said nervously. "We could use some help tonight, feeding the children."

"Oh, sure. I can help." You said, discreetly eyeing Credence. "Great! You can come at 6:00." "Okay. See you then." You said as she walked back up the stairs. "When you finish handing out all of those flyers you can come home." She said harshly, to Credence.

"I guess I'll see you later then." You smiled at Credence. "Yeah, see you later." He said, quietly. You walked away, towards your apartment. You turned back to find Credence still watching you as you walked away. He quickly looked down when you turned back, his cheeks turning red. You smiled and turned forward, continuing to walk home, smiling to yourself.

When the time came closer to leave for the church you got that book you have been meaning to give to Credence. Every time you tried to give it to him something would happen and you would totally forget to give it to him. You grabbed it and headed out the door.

The night was cold and dark. Darker than it usually was at 6:00 p.m.

There were so many black clouds in the sky and the city was almost quiet. Like the entire city was hiding in their houses. You only passed a few people on the street.

When you got up to the church something didn't feel right. You slowly walked up to the door and noticed that it was sightly open. The door creaked as you slowly pushed it. You were in shock. The entire roof was caved in. Rubble was all over the floor. Bricks and beams from the ceiling scattered across the room.

You took a careful step into the building. You looked around the moonlit room and noticed Mary Lou laying the the ground, dead. You gasped and cupped your hand over you mouth.

You heard a quiet sob coming from the back room.

"Credence?" You quietly called, your voice completely terrified. "Credence, are you okay?" You made your way to the crying noises.

You saw him sitting on the floor, head bowed, crying. You quickly rushed over to him, bending down in front of him.

"Credence." You whispered. "What happened?" You placed you hand on his jawline.

"The Obscurial–was here? Where did she go?" A voice said behind you.

You quickly turned around to find the tall, dark man that Credence knew.

"Stay away from him." You commanded, stepping in front of Credence. "I'm here to help." The man said, putting a long, stick thing in his coat pocket "I'm Percival Graves."

You backed away from Credence, deciding to trust the man, hoping he could help Credence. He knelt down to Credence, cradling his head. You stood back watching Graves, as he ask Credence questions. "Didn't you tell me you had another sister?"

"What does she have to do with any of this? And what's an Ob-Obscuial?" You asked him, questioning his motives. Graves turned his head to you when Credence began to speak. "Please help me."

"Where's your sister, Credence? The little one? Where did she go?"

Credence began to tremble and mumbled, "Please help me." Suddenly Graves viciously slapped Credence across the face. You quickly lunged toward Graves, grabbing him. He quickly reacted and pulled out his wand, thrusting you across the room, against the wall.

"No!" Credence sobbed. Graves turned around, kneeling back down to Credence. "Your sister's in grave danger. We need to find her." Credence shook his head, looking over at your knocked out body on the floor. His eyes filled with tears as he looked back at Graves in shock of what he just did.

Graves pointed his wand at you, on the other side of the room. "If you don't help me, she dies." He said, looking at Credence with a devilish look in his eyes. Graves pulls him up onto his feet and Disapparated.

You woke up as they began to disappear. You quickly stood up, questioning what you just saw.

You left the building in a hurry. You had to find Credence. You were beating yourself up for trusting Graves, and now he was gone and you didn't know how you were going to find him. You began to run. You didn't know what else to do, you had to find him.

After what felt like hours, you stopped running. You were about to give up when you heard a loud crash. You quickly turned the corner to see a large mass of darkness crashing from a building. It flew, twisting and turning as it tore apart the city. Cars were sent flying, the roads exploded, and buildings fell apart.