Six

You felt bad for not telling Credence what happened. Some MACUSA officials saw you saving Credence in the alley, and they reported you to Madam Picquery. You were fired the following day, and you now only had money because you were working part-time in a popular bookshop. It wasn't much, but you had enough. You didn't want Credence to worry, he was just a small bean.
Should I tell him? You were wondering as Newt came in carrying his case.
"Hi, Newt. It's three in the morning." You whispered. Credence was still asleep.
"Hi, Y/N. I finally got the Appaloosan Puffskein I've been wanting to breed. Do you want to come with me?" He asked, pointing to his case.
You jumped up immediately from your bed and placed your share of blankets on your sleeping friend. "Yes!"

The case was as wonderous as always, with the Erumpent, some Occamies, the infamous Niffler, Pickett and his friends, the pink Fwooper and the little Appaloosan Puffskein.
"Hi!!!" You said as you picked up the fluffy ball of fur, and its long tongue swiped out and tried to lick your nose. "No."
Newt stood by your side, and looked at you. You were missing your usual shine and enthusiasm when you visited the case before. "Something wrong?"
Oh, that man could read you like his beloved Bowtruckle.
"Well...Newt, I've lost my job at MACUSA." You confessed, setting the Puffskein into its sanctuary.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, Y/N." Newt patted your shoulder.

"I don't know how to fend for Credence and myself."

You sat in the bed that afternoon with Credence, reading while the others went shopping. He was reading a small book that looked suspiciously like your Potions book. If you felt well, you would snuggle into his side and sigh happily, but this time you took your book back by force, growling. Credence flinched and inched away from you.

"Are you ok, Y/N?" He asked shakily, and started trembling.

I'm not. I'm depressed. I am scared. My biggest fear is rejection. I want to tell someone, and I think I should tell you. I need somebody to hug me and tell me everything is ok. I want to spill out everything. But what if I tell you and you reject me? What if you leave me too?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just stop stressing me out."

Credence looked at you, and he seemed to grow smaller and smaller. You both sat there in silence before you groaned and strode to the kitchen, announcing that you 'had to make some coffee'. You could see him curl up into a ball when you left, and that pained you a bit, but you didn't look back.
Why did I ever say that to him? He's had a terrible past already, me saying that to him is going to be basically torture! Oh no...

I've done something bad again.... I hurt Y/N's feelings, I'm a monster and a devil of feelings. I shouldn't be like this. My eyes are dark, that means that I am a monster inside. She's been hurt by me again. She'll leave me soon..... or she'll make me leave her. I should start packing.

I don't want to leave him, or make him leave me. I either eat too much or I starve myself.

Credence went down the corridor silently, and saw you making your coffee. You saw a black figure out of the corner of your eye, and turned around.
"Y/N?" He squeaked, clutching the wall.
"Don't bother me, Credence." You said, pouring the hot coffee into a mug.
Credence looked taken aback, and shuffled back into the room, closing the door behind him. You could hear the lock click.

You sat outside, holding your coffee, looking at the gentle view of Tina, Newt and Queenie's apartment.
Why did I ever say that to Credence.....
You thought wildly, and your thoughts were crashed when you heard a loud thunk in the room. You ignored your coffee and dashed in, and remembered the door was shut.
Rubbing your red face, you banged on the door. "CREDENCE!" You yelled.
"I'm fine." Credence said in a monotone voice, and you could hear him sniffing.
"You're not!" You knocked again, and pressed your ear to the door.
"I said I'm fine, Y/N." You could hear two clicks of locks.
"Credence, let me in!" You called desperately.
Credence's heart broke a bit at how desperate you sounded. He put his wand, scarf and a few books and clothes into his trunk. He wiped away his tears, but he buckled his trunk and unlocked the door.
You saw him standing there, looking at the floor, trunk in hand.
"Credence....." You pleaded as he walked away and sat on the living room chair, looking at the cup of coffee you made.
"Please, I'm sorry!" You sat on the floor next to his chair. Credence wasn't used to people sitting or kneeling lower than him, and quickly plopped onto the floor too, but didn't look at you.
"It's my fault." He croaked, tears wanting to fall.
"...what?" You broke.
"You don't want me anymore because I hurt your feelings." Credence whispered softly, and a tear rolled down his defined cheekbones.
"I do, Credence, I do!" You clutched his hands, and he pulled them away.
He stood up and opened the door, and just left with his trunk, and you were left pleading at air.

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND VOTES AND READS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT OMG THANK YOU ALL SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(By the way, I was feeling a bit hooky today so I wrote this sad-ish chapter. Sorry for the people reading at 1 am, I know it's hard.)
                                                       -Angie