Thirty

A/N: I'm baaaaack my beautiful people

You woke softly to the light shining into the room. You slept on a pallet on the floor by the bed where Credence slept. You looked up at him, sleeping on his stomach, his arm hanging off the bed. His hand was sweetly wrapped around your arm. You smiled to yourself at his action. Even when he was sleeping he still wanted to be close to you.

A few minutes later he started to stir. He lifted his messy-haired head and yawned. He looked so completely adorable you couldn't stand it. He realized where his hand was, but unlike before, he didn't move it. He smiled down at you and rubbed his thumb gently on your arm. You reached over and unhooked his hand from your arm and put it into yours. You clasped both of your hands around his and held it up to your face.
He smiled down at you as you smiled up at him. "Merry Christmas." He said, in his froggy morning voice. Your smile grew bigger. "Merry Christmas."

You and him made your way down the stairs in your pajamas, following the amazing scent, coming from the kitchen.
"Good morning, you two!" Your mother greeted you. "Merry Christmas." You smiled as she hugged you both. "I'm making eggs and bacon for breakfast!" She said excitedly.
The rest of your family came pouring into the kitchen. Jack put his arm around your shoulder, and pulled you in for a side hug. You laughed, putting your arm around him also. You and Jack were really close. When you were younger, you told each other everything and were almost always together. He was the one that visited you the most in New York. He still lived at home because he was the youngest and he was only 17. "Let's open presents before breakfast!" He excitedly suggested. "No!" Your mother exclaimed. "We do that after breakfast!"
He laughed and jokingly squeezed your shoulder. "Alright, everything is ready." She said. "Everyone go to the table!"
Everyone made their way to the dining room and sat around the table. You sat across from Credence this time, because everyone sat down too fast for you to get your seat next to him. You looked at him worriedly from across the table, but he didn't seem nervous. You smiled at him, glad he felt more comfortable.

Breakfast was over and you all moved into the cozy living room. The fire warmed the space and the Christmas tree was beautiful. You all sat around, in your pajamas and bed heads. You sat next to Credence with your legs pulled up to your chest. You scooted closer to him and laid your head on his shoulder, he rested his head on yours.

Everyone opened their gifts and loved them. You got a new record from your mom. "Thank you so much!" You said, standing up to hug her. Your mother made Credence a scarf. He was shocked when she said that she had something for him. "Th-Thank you." He said graciously. "You're very welcome." She smiled at the way he looked at the scarf in awe. It was a grey-ish blue color with tassels on the ends. You couldn't stop smiling. All the people that you loved more than anything were all together. And Credence was right beside you and seemed happy. It was more than anything you could ask for.

You gave everyone the gifts you had gotten them. They all loved them. You felt bad not giving Credence anything because you had given him his gift last night. "It's fine, really." He beamed. You had apologized a million times. You couldn't get over how happy he looked.

Wrapping paper, ribbons, and bags were everywhere. You took a ribbon and tied it around yours and Credence's head. You laughed at how adorable he looked. His face was red from embarrassment, but you could tell he was enjoying himself.

After you had all cleaned up the mess, you sat around the living room.
Every year your family would go around and tell what they were thankful for. You told Credence if he didn't feel comfortable doing it he didn't have to. Then it got to you. "Well obviously I'm thankful for all of you." You smiled, and paused for a second. You felt tears start to form in your eyes. "I'm thankful for Credence." You placed your hand on his arm, beside you. "I'm so glad that we met and that I get the privilege of your company every day." Everyone in the room disappeared, it was just Credence. He looked at you with so much love, you could feel it. "I've never felt this way about someone before. I feel at home when I'm with you." You were starting to cry harder, then you realized that everyone was staring at you. You pulled yourself together and said, "Anyway, that's what I'm thankful for." Wiping the tears away. You felt uncomfortable with everyone looking at you. It was quiet for a few minutes then Jack went on to say what he was thankful for. While he spoke you felt Credence's hand worm its way into yours, that rested in your lap. You squeezed it back and he gently grazed his thumb across the top of your hand. You laid your head on his shoulder and smiled contently, closing your eyes.