Thirty-Four

A/N: I've kind of lost hope in this story so um

Credit to imaginecredence on tumblr 

-

About a week had passed since New Years. It was a pretty uneventful week, until now.

You were on your way home from a horrible day at work. You had just been let go. There were many reasons why. One reason being you had been getting to work really late... because of Credence. You, of course didn't blame him. He was just hard to leave sometimes.
So now you were on your way home and you just felt awful. You didn't know how you were going to tell Credence, or if you even could.

You slowly made your way up the stairs to your apartment. Opening the door you kept your eyes to the ground, not being able to look at Credence because you knew you would burst into tears.
"Hey, Y/N! How was your day?" He asked in what was a cheerful voice for him. "It was fine." You said quietly, still not looking up.
You noticed that he was in front of the stove making dinner.
"I'm making your favorite! Beef stew." He told you.
"I'm not very hungry." You said, just finishing hanging up your coat. "I'm really tired. I think I'm just going to go to bed." You went upstairs, not once looking at him.
Credence's spirits sank as he watched you walk up the stairs.

He ate dinner by himself, in the dim apartment. All that was running through his brain was how strange you were acting. He decided you were probably just tired and had a hard day at work, so he tried to stop thinking about it.

The next morning Credence woke up and realized you were still upstairs. It was getting late into the morning and by this time you were usually ready and about to leave for work.
He quietly crept up the stairs to see you. "Hey, you're gonna be late for work." He said quietly, after making sure you were awake.
"I'm not going to work today." You told him. "I don't feel well."
"Is your fever back? Can I get you anythi-" "No, I'm fine." You moaned, rolling over on your side, your back now facing him. He stepped back, feeling his heart sink. He was so confused. "O-Okay." He said quietly. "If you need anything let me know."
You didn't reply, you just laid there motionless till he went back downstairs. You turned on your back, and laid there, feeling tears well up in your eyes. Blinking you sent them, cold down your cheeks. Why were you acting like this? Sure, you had just lost your job, but it was something different. You felt this emptiness inside you that you couldn't explain. You felt so lonely. Like you would never be happy again.

Quite a while later Credence came to check on you. You were awake, laying on your side, facing him.
He smiled a little and sat on the chair that was still by your bed from when you were sick. Then he pulled out the book you had been reading and began reading it aloud to you.
You just stared at him, not feeling any kind of emotion. You honestly just wanted to be alone. You rolled over on your other side, away from him. At this, Credence paused and looked up from the book. His heart fell and he didn't know what to do. He stood up and went back downstairs.
He sat at the table, attempting to draw, but he couldn't do it. He couldn't concentrate. All he could think about was how you were acting. You never acted this way, so distant and cold. It came out of nowhere, and all of a sudden that all he could think about was that he was the reason for it.
He went to bed that night thinking about it.

The next morning was the same. You didn't come down for breakfast and you didn't say a word to Credence when we brought you breakfast. He just came in, placed the plate on your side table and slipped out.
You didn't touch the food. You weren't hungry at all.
Later, Credence brought you lunch and took the breakfast plate.

The whole day he hung around the apartment. He didn't know what to do with himself. True, it was always just him during the day, but it was different now. You were upstairs and things weren't right.
He paced back and forth. He tried to read, but couldn't concentrate.
At the end of the night, when dinner was over, (he had brought you a dinner plate as well) he was sitting in the corner of the kitchen, alone with his thoughts. So many different thoughts rushed through his head. He was so lost in the bitterness that he didn't realize that his Obscurus had began to form and it was gently floating around the room. He also didn't notice you coming down the stairs. The Obscurus startled you, making you jump and clutch your heart. That was the most emotion you had shown all day.
You continued your way down the stairs slowly. You kept your eyes on the dark mass, in hopes of not upsetting it. It was starting to get closer to, and you started backing up into a wall.
"Credence!" You said, desperately.
The darkness quickly backed away from you, and you started to breathe again.
"I'm so sorry." Credence said, standing up from the corner.
"It's fine." You said in a raspy voice.