Twenty-Four

A/N: CREDIT TO IMAGINECREDENCE ON TUMBLR

The whole week consisted of the two of you leaving the house as much as you could. You went to the market together, to the bank, and anywhere else you had to run errands. You wanted to get him used to not being in the apartment all the time.

The trip to Maine was coming up and you still had to tell your mom that he was coming. You didn't know how she was going to take it. You debated just bringing him and not saying anything, but you decided that probably wasn't the best idea.

It was an early in the morning. The sun was just starting to pour in a warm orange around the apartment. You sat at the kitchen table, with a steaming cup of tea and a blank piece of paper. You were trying to write to your mom, but you didn't know how to tell her. You looked over at the couch and saw Credence sleeping peacefully. You sighed, frustrated that you didn't know how to write this letter.

Dear Mom,
I hope you and dad are doing well. I'm really excited about seeing you all next week!
Okay, I have to tell you something. I'm bringing someone home this time. First off- we are friends. He has been staying with me for a few weeks. He's had a rough life and he doesn't have anyone else but me. So prepare to have an extra person there. Also don't freak out like you always do about these kinds of things. His name is Credence. Prepare everyone to be really kind to him, because people haven't been very kind to him in the past. He's also used to being around just one person, so tell everyone to not get crazy like they always do.
Sorry for the short notice. I just didn't know how to tell you.

Holiday wishes,
(Y/N)

You had just finished the letter when Credence sat up. His hair was pushed up on the side he was sleeping on. You chuckled to yourself at the adorable sight. "Good morning." You said, breaking the morning silence you had gotten used to. He gave you a tired, half smile. "Good morning." His voice was that croaky morning voice you love.
He stood up and walked over to the table where you sat. He leaned against the back of your chair. You could feel his cheek resting against your temple. He looked at the letter, laying on the table. "Who's the letter for?" He asked.
You heart raced at the feeling of him so close to you. Especially when he initiated it. "My- My mother." You stuttered, your cheeks turning red. "I'm- I'm telling her about you." You said, turning around to see him. His mouth was slightly curved in a small smile, something you saw a little more now. But at this his face fell. "You- You are?" He said, nervously. "Yeah. We're leaving in a week and if we want the letter to get there before we do I need to send it today." You told him, standing up from the table. "What are you telling her?" He asked, playing with his hands nervously. You picked up the letter and began to read it.

"– First off- we're friends." You paused, looking up from the letter. Credence quickly looked down. "I just told her that so she wouldn't think that we-" You paused again. You weren't the type of person to talk about your feelings, but you had been thinking about this a lot. You knew Credence wouldn't talk about his feelings first. So you knew you had to be the first to talk about it. "Are we? Are we just friends?" You asked quietly, looking at your feet. You glanced up, to see what Credence was thinking. He stared at you, not expecting your question. You walked over to the table and sat down. You patted the place in front of his seat, telling him to sit. He awkwardly walked over and sat down. He stared at his hands in his lap.

"How do you feel about me?" You asked in a quiet voice. "I know you've said that you love me." You swallowed, nervously. "And I've told you, I love you. But I think this is something we need to talk about." You looked up at him. He was still staring at his lap. "Do you want to talk about it?" You asked slowly, still looking at him. He shrugged. "Okay." You said, with disappointment in your voice. You stood up and walked to the sink. You leaned against it, back turned to Credence. You really did want to talk about it. You felt like it would be good for both of you to get it off your chest.