Five

"Credence-" You whispered early at dawn, finding a lump of breathing blankets beside you.
A muffled 'yeah?' sounded beside you, buried under thick blankets and fluffy pillows.
"I hate to break it to you. We have to take the train to the gathering early. It's in Wales."
"Train?" Credence blurted out, sitting up fast.

I'm not ready for trains after that Obscurial incident in the station! What if I burst and lose control-again? She would leave me forever! And-and I would be a-alone again....

"I know you're stressed about train stations now, but don't worry. I'll be by your side the whole time." You stroked his soft hair slowly.
"Y-you won't leave me?" Credence asked.
"Of course not. I'll never leave you." You replied, kissing the front of his forehead. "I'll go get ready."
Credence smiled weakly after you. Trains were his fear right now, but not the biggest. The biggest was you leaving him forever, the only person he trusted at this moment.

"Ready?" You asked Credence as you both approached the train station, repaired by the Aurors.
Credence nodded briskly and shortly, clutching your hand tightly.
His steps were short and unsteady.
"Take it easy, Credence." You soothed him as you two took the tickets to Wales.
"W-what if I lose c-control again?" He whimpered, staring at the same spot where he once cowered before a untrustworthy man.
"Sssssh. Don't worry." You rubbed your thumb over his knuckles.
"A-are you sure?" He kept on staring at the same spot, trembling.
You stepped in front of him, one hand on his cheek. "I'm sure, Credence."
As you said that sentence, the train came wheezing into sight, steam issuing from the top of it.
Credence quickly ducked behind you as the train screeched to a stop. Your hands were turning white from his clutch.
"Credence, it will be fine." You led him onto the train as you found your seats. Credence sat down nervously, one hand clutching yours, and the other holding his newfound wand in its case.
"Have you ever been on a train before?" You asked softly.
"N-no. Ma never let us go on transport, only walking was a-allowed." Credence whispered, as his eyes flicked left and right.
"Well, being on a train is so much more comfortable. Just relax and sit back." You pushed him gently into his chair.
The train blew its final whistle and started chugging off.
Credence looked out the window at the scenery, which was blurring from the speed of the train. Slowly, he relaxed.
"Anything from the trolley?" An old lady asked as the train chugged past a mounds of leaves.
"Salted peanuts, please." You replied.
Credence looked at the pack of peanuts in your hand and gazed at you thoughtfully.
"You can buy something, Credence."
"Um.....i-is there a-any g-gruel?" Credence asked nervously. The old lady looked taken aback. "Gruel? No, boy."
"Credence- on the trolley." You whispered.
"Oh. Um.....same order as the lady, please." Credence whispered, embarrassed.
"Gruel?" You ask-hissed, bewildered, as the lady took off to the next train car.
"M-ma never let us eat anything sweet. I only s-sneaked some c-candies for Modesty now and t-then." Credence blushed furiously.
"Oh." You said, ripping his packet of peanuts open.
He flinched at the loud noise, bowing his head.
"Sorry." You apologised, and handed the peanuts to him.

You two ate the peanuts and enjoyed the ride in silence, hands still held.
You suddenly thought of an important question.
"Do you want to stay here forever, Credence, or live with Newt and Tina?"
He stopped chewing the peanuts and looked at you intently. His gaze was confused, sad and painful. "I-I..."
"It's ok, I just wanted to ask."
Credence couldn't bring the words to his lips. He loved you, because you were the one who cared. He loved you, because you were so gentle. He loved you, because he knew that you loved him too. "I-I d-don't know...I-"
"It's ok. You can tell me later." You patted his shoulder and looked out the window to the speeding view, resting your head on your hand.
"I love you." He had meant to say. He looked at you, your eyes relaxed but he could see the tingle of sadness behind them, as if he would leave and never come back.

You had drifted off into sleep, and when the train screeched to a stop, you instantly jerked up, wide awake. You heard a muffled 'ow!' when you jerked up, and saw Credence massaging his head.
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were there." You fretted over him, slightly smiling.
"It's ok. I'm not hurt." Credence replied, and smoothed his hair into place.
You quickly grabbed his hand and he flinched visibly. "No. Your hair looks good this way. Better than that salad bowl cut."
Credence flushed red and looked away as he took all the luggages and departed the train with you behind.

"Y/N!" Queenie hugged you tightly as you went into their nice cozy home in Wales.
"Hi, Queenie." You giggled at her enthusiasm.
"Credence! It's so nice so see you too!" She hugged him, and Credence turned brick red and went as stiff as a board. "Still Mister Shy and Stiff, aren't you?" Queenie joked.
"Newt! Tina! PICKETT!!!" You laughed as Newt's Bowtruckle climbed onto your Y/H/C hair and sat there, blowing a raspberry at Newt. Newt glared at him fondly and stuffed his Niffler back into his ever-present suitcase.
"We've prepared pumpkin pie and some Firewhisky and Butterbeer. Some Gigglewater too, if you don't mind Queenie." Tina smiled as you quickly ran to the dining table and saw the meal.
"Thank you." Credence said automatically, and sat down.
"No problem. It was Newt's idea." Tina looked at Newt. The ginger male turned
slightly pink under his freckles and looked down at his share of pie.
"Do you drink Firewhisky, Credence?" Queenie asked as she downed two glasses of Gigglewater, and laughing afterwards.
Credence looked at you in confusion.
"It's a great drink, Credence. A bit alcoholic and it's fiery, hence its name."
Credence slowly took a glass of Firewhisky and sipped it, and turned instantly red. "It's burning!" He hissed.
You laughed and handed him some sweet Butterbeer instead, taking a bite of your pie. It was delicious.
"Does this burn too?" Credence looked at the mug as if it would explode over his face.
"No, no! This is Butterbeer. A bit hooky for the house-elves, but okay for us." Queenie downed her glasses of Gigglewater again, and started laughing like mad, ducking under the table. Tina looked at her sister fondly, and Newt looked at Tina. You smirked behind their backs, knowing what was in their minds.
Credence gulped the Butterbeer, and sighed in relief as the sweetness engulfed his taste buds.
"This tastes good."

Tina had given her room to you, and bunked in with Queenie, which was quite a sisterly disaster as Queenie had exploded nearly all of her pillows and mattresses. Newt was staying inside his case with all his lovely creatures, and Pickett insisted on sleeping in his ginger hair.

"So, Credence." You asked as you nestled by his side, lights off. He groaned and rolled over, looking at you sleepily. "Yes?"

"About that question earlier. Do you still want to stay with me? Newt, Queenie and Tina did save you. And Jacob works around here, you could find a nice job there, and you can enjoy Newt's creatures, and everything in here's nearly perfect except for the weather, and you-" You got cut off by Credence putting his hand over your mouth. He looked into your Y/E/C eyes.

"Y/N, I-I want to stay with you. You're the only person who's ever trusted me. And I like you."

"Oh. Thank you, Credence. That means a lot to me." You lightly kissed his cheek and nestled closer, burying your head into his warm chest.

He rested his head on top of yours, and breathed in your scent, slowly drifting off to sleep. Although you had been reassured by his yearning to stay with you, you actually wanted him to stay with those three wonderful people was because you had lost your job at MACUSA, same as Tina.

A/N: Omg thank you all so much for reading this! I checked the stats today and I am GIVING YOU ALL A TON OF THANKS because your appreciation for this fanfic means a lot to me! Give me ideas on what should happen next! Ily, again THANK