Seventeen

A/N: Do you think that my A/Ns are a bit obnoxious, like all the books I read on wattpad have less A/Ns than I do hahaha

You and Credence finally got to go on that coffee date. You went early one morning. It was cold and foggy, but you didn't mind. You walked together, holding hands. When you got to the coffee shop, Credence opened the door for you. You smiled at him, walking into the warm, cozy building. You ordered two hot chocolate with whipped cream. After taking a sip you both had white mustaches. You both laughed, wiping them off with a napkin.

After you drank your cocoa, you walked through Central Park as it began to snow. It was all so magical. You made your way down to a pond and decided to go ice skating.

You held hands the whole time. Credence admitted that he had never been ice skating before. You told him not to worry, you would teach him and keep him steady. You both almost fell so many times, laughing every time.

You started to lose your balance. You accidentally slid in front of him, making him lose his balance too. You both fell, and you landed on top of him. You both burst out laughing, staring at each other.

Your smiles began to fade as you looked deeply into each other's eyes. Your faces began to get closer and your lips almost touch when it all went away.

You opened your eyes to see the ceiling in the blurry vision of tears. You sat up, looking around your dark apartment. You could see through the window that the sun was starting to come up as rain was pouring down. You sat back in the couch, putting your palms over your tired eyes. You leaned your head back, remembering everything that had happened the night before. You started to cry again, thinking about how much pain Credence had been in. How you don't know how you're going to make it without him. You leaned forward resting your elbows on your knees, covering your face with your hands. You started to shake, tears falling down your red face.

After crying for what felt like forever, you decided to take a shower. As the warm water fell on you, you felt the tension leaving your body.

You dried off and got into a clean dress. You walked down the cold, metal stairs from your loft on your way to make breakfast.

You filled the kettle with water to make some tea, when you heard a knock on the door. Your stomach flipped. Your mind went wild, thinking it could be the person you wanted to see more than anything. You froze, not wanting to open the door and be wrong. But of course you were wrong, he was gone and he wasn't coming back. You had to get that in your brain.

You slowly walked over to the door. You unlocked and slowly opened it. Your stomach sank. It was your landlord. "Hey, Y/N. It's the first of the month! Here to get the rent." You were devastated. How you could you have done that to yourself, made yourself think he would come back?

You gave him a weak smile and turned to get your purse. He stepped in as you got it from the kitchen table. "It's a miracle that the apartment didn't get destroyed last night." You said, quietly. When you turned around your landlord had a look of confusion on his face. "What are you talking about?" He asked. Tears began to fill your eyes. "Nothing... It's nothing." You said, handing him the check. "Are you okay, Y/N?" He asked, as you blink away tears. "I'm fine. Have a good day."

He turned and left, closing the door behind him. You broke down again as you made breakfast.

Later that evening you decided to get out of the house. You thought you would go to the market and get some supplies to make soup. You put on your coat and scarf and left the apartment.

When you got out the door of your apartment building the city was perfect. You never would have known that something had destroyed it just the night before. You were also very confused of why no one remembered accept you.

After the market, you walked home. You struggled getting the door open because of the big, brown bags full of groceries. You didn't even notice that the door was already unlocked. The door opened and you saw your apartment. It was dark, but it was how you left it and just the way Credence knew it. You couldn't get that thought out of your mind. You never wanted to move anything out of its place because it wouldn't be how it was when he was here. You slowly walked in, pushing the door shut with your foot. You walked over to the kitchen table and placed the bags on it. You sighed, looking out the window from afar, when a sudden noise made you jump and your stomach flip. The noise came from the other side of the room, the living room. It was dark so you couldn't see much. You took small steps, squinting your eyes, trying to figure out what made the noise.

You saw something move, which made you jump again.

Something small poked out from behind the couch. You stepped forward again, trying to get a better look when you realized what it was, or who it was.

It was Credence. Quickly you rushed over to him, but tried to stay calm so you wouldn't frighten him. He was curled up in a blanket, his face was dirty and as pale as ever. You sank down in front of him, tears quickly pouring down your cheeks. "Credence." You said quietly. You leaned forward and rubbed his cheek with you finger. Tears fell from his eyes as he said, "Help me."