Thirty-Three

A/N: Um I'm baCK?! I've been MIA for a wHiLe and sorry about that but here's the continuation!

Credit to imaginecredence on tumblr 

-

The next day you felt completely better and went to work. Credence had gotten up early and made you breakfast and lunch. You were very grateful for his hard work and kindness.

You got to work a little late due to Credence not wanting you to leave. It had been a long time since you had been apart. You had both been out of town for a while and then you got sick, so you hadn't gone to work in over a week.
When you eventually felt a little more peace about leaving him, you finally let go of him and left.
All day was hard; not being there with him, wondering what he was doing.
You hoped he wasn't too lonely.

"Hey, Y/N?" Your coworker, Frank asked.
"Yeah?" You were wiping down the counter when he called you.
"New Years Eve is in two days and I was wondering if you wanted to come to this party downtown?" Frank was one of your only friends. You had known him for quite some time. He knew you weren't the 'partying' type, but he thought he'd try.
"Oh Frank, I don't know.-" "Come on! It'll be fun!" He cut in, excitedly.
You stood there smiling nervously, thinking. You were definitely not going to leave Credence alone on New Years Eve and you didn't know if he would even want to come.
"Am I allowed to bring someone?" You asked.
"Yeah... Wait. Who would you bring?" He asked curiously.
"What are you saying?" You laughed. "I know people other than you, Frank." You both laughed.
"Well? Who would you bring?" He asked again.
"There's this guy, but he's not the type for crowds and I wouldn't want to go if he didn't." You told him.
"Well, you can just let me know tomorrow if you want to come. But you totally should." He added.

When it was finally time for you to get off of work you rushed home to Credence.
You opened the door to find him reading at the kitchen table. His mouth extended into a large, sparkling smile at the sight of your face. You returned the smile with one as well.
He scooted the chair back and rushed over to wrap his arms around you. His embrace was tight as your hugging bodies swayed back and forth. His face nuzzled into your neck, breathing in your familiar scent.

When you finally let go you took of your coat and hung it up and asked, "How was your day, Credence?"
"It was fine." He said, straitening out his clothes from the long hug. "How was yours?"
"Good..." You paused for a second, biting your lip in thought. "Frank, my coworker, invited me to a New Years party." You said abruptly.
Credence's head shot up at your news.
"I told him I wouldn't go unless you wanted to go." You added.
"Really?" He said.
"But, Credence, if you don't want to go then don't. I'm not much for parties either."
He thought about it for a minute. What you guys had talked about the night before made everything different. He wanted to get stronger even more than before. So, he thought this would be a good opportunity to do something that could help him grow.
"If you really don't want to go, don't. I don't want to make you don't something you don't want to d-" "I'll go." He cut in after a whirlwind of thoughts rushed through his head.
"Really? Are you sure?" You asked.
"Yes." He said, trying to sound as confident as possible.
You smiled at him and he gave a nervous one.

"Are you really sure you want to go?" You asked later that night. You were snuggled on the couch, laying on Credence's chest.
"Yes, I'm sure." He said, laughing a little.
"Okay." You said. "I'll let Frank know tomorrow and get more details."
You snuggled deeper into him, wrapping your arm around him.

The next day at work you told Frank you would be going to the party. "Great!" He exclaimed. "It's downtown like I said. I'll write down the address for you."
He handed you a paper with the address on it. "It's not going to be super crazy." He laughed, noticing your nervous behavior.
You laughed as well, trying to hide it.
Honestly, you didn't know why you were so nervous. You had been to parties before. Sure, they weren't your thing, but you didn't completely hate them. You were mostly nervous for Credence. This was something totally new for him. With people and different things that he had never experienced before.