Twenty-Two

A/N: It's nearly 11pm in my place... final update for today, goodnight/day everybody I love you all and thanks for bearing with me :)))... I also read and smile at all your comments, thank you for giving me 11K like WOW I didn't expect my wattpad life to go this far hahahaha

You woke up to the shaking of your apartment. Your eyes shot open and you sat up quickly. It was still dark, the clock on your mantle said 3:23 a.m. You were a little confused at first of what was going on, but you quickly realized what was causing it. You pulled the cover off of you and ran up the stairs to find Credence. He was laying on his side. His body was shaking and black matter was floating around him. You gently reached out and touched his arm. "Credence." You said calmly, not wanting to frighten him. He shot up, all of the Obscurus quickly absorbing back into him. His hair was wet from the sweat dripping down his face. You sat down on the side of the bed, still looking at him. "I'm sorry for waking you up." He said, quietly. "It's okay." You smiled at him. "Do you want to tell me about it?" You asked him, trying to get him to look you in the eye. He was a little hesitant, but find began to speak. "It was that night, in the subway station." He began, "You were there and-" Tears started to come to his eyes. You placed your hand in his hand, that rested in his lap. He took a deep breath and began to speak again. "Mr.-" He paused, taking a deep breath again. "Mr. Gr-Graves." You could tell it took everything out of him to say that name. "He had you with his wand pointed at you. I-I tried to take him down, but I-" Tears started to stream down his face. You squeezed his hand tighter. "I m-missed and hurt you." He said, bursting into tears. You moved to sit next to him. You still held his hand, but you intertwined your fingers. He squeezed your hand so tight. You placed your other hand on his forearm, stroking it with your thumb. "It's okay. It was just a dream." You told him. "But what if it's not? What if I hurt you one day?" He said, with a shaky voice. "You're not going to hurt me-"
"I can't control it." He cut you off.
"You haven't burst out since that night."
"I'm so sorry." He started, crying again. "For what?" You asked. "I-l" He blubbered out. He then crawled out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom. You followed him, confused. He bent down and moved the bath mat, to reveal a few cracked tiles. "Did you do this?" You asked. He nodded, tears falling down his cheek. "When?" You asked, bending down to get a better look. "Yesterday. When I got the mail by myself.– Are you mad at me?" He got quieter as he spoke.

"Of course not." You said, placing your hand on his cheek. He leaned into your sweet touch. You rubbed your thumb against his tear stained face and gave him a sweet smile. "Really. Don't worry about it." You told him. "I just wish you wouldn't have been afraid to tell me."

You stood up, helping him stand as well. You placed both hands on his cheeks. He was hunched over, still crying. "Credence." You said, resting your forehead on his. "Please stop crying." His sobs started to slow down. "You need to get some sleep." You said, leading him back to bed. He climbed in and you covered him up. You moved his damp hair away from his face and leaned over to kiss his forehead. "Sleep tight." You whispered. You turned away about to walk down the stairs when, "(Y/N)?" You turned back to see Credence sitting up, leaning back on his elbows. "Will you- Will you stay with me, till I fall asleep?" Even in the dark you could tell Credence was blushing. You smiled at him and said, "Sure."

You walked over to the bed, as Credence scooted over. You crawled in beside him. You were slightly sitting up against the wall and Credence laid awkwardly beside you. You laid in the silence for a while then you felt a slight touch on your hand. Credence slowly wrapped his fingers between yours. You squeezed his back, rubbing your thumb on the top of his hand. You then pulled his hand closer to you, giving him the courage to scoot in. He wrapped his arm around you, laying his head on your chest. You wrapped your arm around his shoulder, hugging him tight. He let out a content sigh, which made you smile. You both fell asleep.

You gently woke up, stretching your legs and arms. You rubbed your eyes and laid there for a few seconds. Your mind was sort of blank. It almost felt like you were back in time, before you had met Credence. Then you realized what had happened last night. You turned your head to look beside you. Nothing. He wasn't laying there. You quickly shot out of bed, so many thought rushing through your head. 'Where could he be? Did he leave? Did you push him too much?' You thought, running down the stairs. Halfway down the stairs you stopped. There he was, in the kitchen. When he saw you he froze, his cheeks turning a slight shade of red. You continued down the stairs, noticing he was making breakfast. You bit your bottom lip, trying not to smile at the sight of him in front of the stove. He was making eggs and toast. It reminded you of the time he had first spent the night. "You made breakfast?" You asked, smiling at him. He nodded, shyly. "You didn't have to do that."
"Wanted to." He replied, quietly. "You've done so much for me."
You smiled at his words. To Credence your smile was the best part about everyday. He loved when you smiled, especially when he put it there. The next thing he realized was that something smelled like it was burning. He quickly turned around to see that the toast was burning. Smoke was coming from the toaster as he tried to pull the bread out. Within all the chaos he burned his hand. He stepped away from the stove, clutching his hand. You rushed over to him. "Are you okay?" You asked, holding his clutched hands. He opened up his hands, revealing the burns. You held the backs of his hands, something you hadn't done in a long time. He hissed in pain. "Come here." You said, leading him to his chair. You sat him down and went to the cupboard to get the burn cream and bandages.

You started to gently spread the cream on his palm. He flinched in pain. "Sorry." You said, stroking the back of his hand with your thumb. It all reminded of you of before, when he got beaten. You were thankful he was here with you, away from his past life. You wrapped his hand with gause and gently held his hand. "I'll finish breakfast." You said, standing up from a crouched down potion. "No- I want to." He said, standing up. "But your hand-"
"It's fine." He said, stretching it out. "Are you sure?" You said, hoping he would just let you finish it. "Yeah." He said, walking over to you, taking the spatula out of your hand. You smiled as he walked passed you, to the stove. He mixed the eggs and put two new pieces of bread in the toaster. He then turned and pulled out your chair, gesturing you to sit down. "Thank you." You smiled at him, sitting down.

He placed a plate of eggs and toast in front of you. Then put his plate at his place and sat down. "Thank you, Credence." You said, smiling. He looked up at you and said, "You're welcome."

About halfway through breakfast you said, "So I was thinking, since it's my day off that I would go Christmas shopping. Would you maybe want to come with me?" You looked at him with big eyes. You really wanted him to come with you, but you also didn't want to push him too hard. He looked up at you, with worry in his eyes. "If you don't want to, you don't have to." You added.
"Do you think I'm ready?" He asked, quietly. "I think you can do anything." You told him. He gave a small smile. He couldn't believe that someone believed in him that much. "What if I- what if I lose control?" He nervously asked.
"I don't think you will. You've been out in the city dozens of times before and never lost control."
"That was before-" He trailed off. "I think you can do it." You said, reaching out across the table, holding his hand. You thought all he needed was a little confidence, and he could do anything. He sat there staring at your hand, holding his. "Okay." He said, quietly. You stood up and excitedly clasped your hands together, "Okay! I'll get ready." You ran upstairs to get ready.