Twenty-Six

A/N: I still remember reading wattpad fanfiction and staying up until 2 in the morning and being dehydrated and sleep-deprived the next day... ah the thrill 

You woke up to your alarm. It was 6:00 a.m. and you had to catch a 7:30 train to Maine. You jumped out of bed and went downstairs to wake up Credence. He was snuggled under the blankets on the couch. You gently rubbed his arm, waking him up. He turned over, rubbing his tired eyes. "It's time to wake up." You whispered, smiling down at him.

He sat up, his hair messy from a good sleep. "I'm going to go shower. Can you get your own breakfast?" You asked, starting back up the stairs. He nodded, standing up.

You got all ready and came back downstairs. Credence had made breakfast. Things went way smoother then last time he tried. You smiled at him as he put the eggs on two plates. He had made eggs and toast. He pulled out your seat as you walked over. "Thank you." You said, sitting down. He sat in his chair and both began to eat. "This reminds me of when you first spent the night." You said, smiling at the memory. You looked at him from across the table. He had come so far since that night you found him in the alley. You caught yourself staring at him when he looked up at you. You quickly looked down, blushing. With your head still bowed, you moved your eyes up to see him. His lips were slightly curved into a smile, still looking down at his plate.

After you were both ready, you headed out the door. You walked through the city with your suitcases. The morning was cool. There were quite a few people out, you both dodging them left and right on your way to the train station. When you got the station, Credence opened the door for you. "Thank you, kind sir." You said, laughing. He smiled at your joke, following you into the building. It was very busy, because of people traveling for the holidays. You rushed to get your tickets. The line wasn't too long, so you didn't wait for long.

Walking to the platform was hard for Credence. He hadn't been to a train station since the night of the accident. He paused when you got closer to the platform. You looked back and saw he had stopped walking. "Credence, you okay?" You asked, walking back to him. You placed you hand on his arm, giving him comfort. "Yeah." He said, quietly. You put your hand in his. You both had gloves on, but you held tight. You walked onto the train. It was crowded and stuffy with people. You felt Credence's hand grasp yours tighter. You lead him down the aisle, looking for your seats. When you got to your seats, you put your suitcases on the shelf above. You took off your coat and gloves and held them in your lap.

"You can have the window seat." You said, gesturing Credence in. He slid into his seat and you sat in yours. You watched him as he stared out the window. His breathing was heavy, you could tell he was really nervous. He had told you he'd never been on a train before, so he didn't know what to expect. "Really, it's not bad." You told him, trying to make him less nervous.

A few minutes after you boarded the train it started to move. The sudden jerk startled Credence and he reached over, nervously grasping your hand. You held his hand tight and placed your other hand on his forearm. He was still wearing his gloves so he couldn't feel your hand on his. He quickly unlatched your hands and took off the glove, putting his bare hand back into yours. You smiled at this, scooting in closer and laying your head on his shoulder. He got less and less tense as the train ride went on. You both enjoyed the scenery as it flew passed your window.

The train ride was pretty long, so had packed lunch. "My mom said that she will have dinner ready when we get there." You told him.

You had decide to start a new book for the trip. You pulled it out of your bag. "Has anyone ever read to you before?" You asked. "No." He said, quietly. "Do you want me too?"
He nodded. You smiled scooting in closer. He put is arm around your shoulder and you laid against his chest and began to read to him. You read most of the train ride. Credence just sat there staring out the window or closing his eyes, enjoying the sound of your voice.