Not your fault

Ruby Pov

Shoot... Is that Raina?! Ugh, what do I say? Oh hello random person that I totally do not know what are you doing here by the gates?

Raina looked a lot older than she was back when I last saw her, I think she's about 17, 18 years old now? Wait, and who's that guy next to Raina? He had light brown hair and the same golden wings as Raina's, but not as elegant.

"Answer my question!" She demanded. Wow, feisty one she became eh?

"My name is Ruby Bleau, half demon. You?"

"Its Raina Violet. And this is Nico. Do you live here? Because of you do, could you bring over a guard from here? I want to have a word with them." Raina said.

"Hold on, I'll be right back." I said as I signaled Leoshaunt to open the gates. I ran towards the guard tower to see if there was anybody there. That was when I saw Dante.

"Hey Dante, do you have some time on you? Because Raina-- I mean, the queen of fairies wants a word with a guard from here." I said as I ran up to him.

"Raina?! I thought she was at-- I'll be there immediately. Where is she?" He asked.

"She should be near the gates, it was okay for me to let them in right?" I asked.

"Its fine, she's someone you can trust." Dante said as he ran towards the gates. I followed him.

"Raina, I thought you were at Scaleswind!"

"The town has just finished rebuilding, thanks to your queen." Raina giggled. Dante bowed down playfully.

"So, what was the word you wanted to bring to me? Or was that it?" He asked. Raina looked down.

"The land of fairies was attacked by hunters during my absence." She said. I gasped.

"Wh-what?!" Dante asked.

"Y-yes...Nico here saw it all." Raina said.

"They just came in and...wiped out all that we had. The very few survivors fled around the territory but I stayed." Nico said, his voice shaking.

"Thats...horrible." I said.

"Y-yes. Which is why I ask of a favor. M-may we stay here until the land is somehow restored?" Raina asked.

"You may stay for as long as you like, your majesty." Dante said.

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to the both of us." She said. That was when I remembered where I was planning to go in the first place.

"Um...sorry to interrupt, but Dante, I need to head out to Doria Village. I'll be back in a couple of days." I said.

"Why so?" He asked.

"N-no reason at all, just wanted to see what the new village looked like...heh, heh..." I said.

"Oh okay, do you want someone to accompany you?" Dante asked.

"No thank you, I'm completely fine." I said.

"Its awfully dangerous on the way there. Plenty of monsters and hunters lurk in the forests."

"I can take care of myself, thank you very much." I said. That was when Laurence came up from behind us.

"Hunters travel in groups, Ruby. If you run into them, its going to be you against at least a dozen of them." Laurence said.

"A dozen?!"

"Which is why I am going to accompany you to Doria." He said.

"Wha--I...fine. But only because I don't want to get killed. Not again..." I mumbled the last part.