Hunters

Ruby Pov

I woke up to the sounds of Laurence taking apart our tent. I sat up and stretched my arms out.

"Morning." Laurence said as he looked over to me.

"Morning." I said back. I folded up my sleeping bag and snapped my fingers, and it dissolved to ashes.

"How did you do that?" Laurence asked.

"Its a little trick I learned in the Demon Warlocks dimension." I said. I put the ashes in a little jar. "I'll need this for tonight as well."

"So...you can control ashes?"

"Something like that. Anyway, lets get going. Staying here for any longer isn't going to do us any good."

"Right." I said.

We packed up our stuff and walked along the forest. It was quiet at first, but then all of the sudden, we heard shuffling from the bushes.

"We're not alone." Laurence said, signaling me to stop.

"I can tell. And its not just one." I said.

"Hunters." That was when all of the sudden about 6 men came out of the bushes. They were all dressed in armor and boots.

"Is that a demon...?" One of the men said.

"Seize her! She is an enemy to our kind!" Another said.

"If you want to get to Ruby, you're going to have to go through me first." Laurence said, taking out his sword.

"I wish you all the best of luck." I smirked, taking out my daggers. The hunters ran towards us. Laurence took the leader, I took most of the minions. The minions were easy to take down, and pretty soon it was only the leader.

The leader was stronger than he looked. Laurence couldn't take a hit on him. He was very fast, all Laurence had space for is blocking his attacks. I ran towards the leader and threw my dagger, but with a swift move, the man blocked it. With that Laurence tried to swing at the man, but he moved back, avoiding the attack.

That was when the man swung his sword at Laurence. Laurence fell to the ground, unconscious. I ran to his side: his wounds were deep.

I frantically yelled Laurence's name, but I couldn't hear my own voice. My throat became soar and my hands and knees became numb. That was when I blacked out.

>~<

??? Pov

I was walking around the forest to get the berries my villagers asked for, when I heard swords clashing. I hid behind a tree and watched what was going on.

There were three people in total, one a tall, strong hunter, another a brown haired guard, and the third, a demon.

It seemed as if the first man was winning; and I was right, the second man fell to a hit in the chest. The demon knelt down besides him and tried to wake him, but the hunter stabbed her back as well.

I could not sit and watch any longer. I pulled out my bow and shot the hunter in the chest.

I walked over to the scene. The hunter, dead, was lying on the grass. About a couple meters away lay the guard and demon. If I could bring them back to my village, they could probably survive.

I looked over to the demon. Something about her felt odd. Like we've met once before...

This aura...is it...

...Kiri?

-------------------------------------------------

well ya we all know who dis is lool

Honestly idk why I named him Ben I'm just like "okay what's a random name that no one has in my school and is okay for a lord"

But like Ben? I swear I'm going insane

AANYWAY I hope y'all liked the chapter and cyall in the next one :)

BAIIIIIIIIII

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD