Fears

Nerida Pov

The boat ride to Phoenix Drop was mostly silent.

She can't be alive....it can't be her. That strange werewolf dug up her grave. Maybe he brought her back to life? Or maybe he...

"We're here ladies!" The man on the boat said as he docked the ship.

We said thank you to the man and walked over to the gates. Dante happened to be patrolling the gate today.

"Hello sir, we're just visitors." Faith said.

"Ah, I see. What's your guys's names?" Dante asked.

"My name's Faith, and this Nerida."

"Welcome Faith, Nerida, to Phoenix Drop." Dante said, opening the gates.

"Thank you sir." I said. I ran over to the plaza to see a crowd around someone.

Kirina.

I ran over to the middle of the crowd. Kirina noticed me and turned to me.

"Who are you?" I asked. Kirina saw the look in my eye and smirked.

"You know who I am." She said. Then, she turned back to the other people.

What was that supposed to mean?

>~<

Ruby Pov

"God dammit, why can't she wake up already?!" Mal said.

"You're the one who said that she needs more rest." I said.

"Yeah, but I never meant this much rest!" Mal said. That was when Aphena's eyes fluttered open.

"H-huh...? What happened?"

"You used up all of your magic and fell unconscious." Scar said.

"Oh, right...I forgot." Aphena said.

"Thanks for that, for...helping us out." I said.

"It's no problem." Aphena smiled.

"Well now that sleeping beauty is up, can we head to Phoenix Drop??" Mal asked.

"Right. Sorry Aphena, but we have to get going." Scar said.

"I understand." She said.

"You know...you could join us if you want." I said.

"Huh?"

"You've helped us out a lot while we were here...and we wouldn't have found out all this information if you weren't there." I said. Aphena smiled.

"Gosh, I haven't felt this much excitement in so long!!! I'd love to come along!" She said.

"Great! Now come on, we have no time to waste." I said.

>~<

Nerida Pov

The landscape around Phoenix Drop was starting to turn dark. I left Faith to sleep in the little camp we set up and headed out for a stroll. Because who would love a bit of crisp, fall air?

That was when I saw Kirina leaning on one of the trees. She seemed to be...taking to someone. I quickly hid behind a tree.

"God dammit, how long has it been already since they left?! They better come back soon or I'll start hurting people." She said.

"You got this body for a reason, Ein, and I didn't give you my magic for no reason either. You better make the best out of this...before the darkness of magic consumes you." A low voice said.