Chapter 33: When everything is falling apart,what are you gonna do?

Sally's message said: ''Kai, they know. My brothers know about us, about everything. They know who you are and what you're planning, they know about Jake and that you know about Brian. They know EVERYTHING. You're all in danger. I got myself and Jean out into a motel, because otherwise who knows what they would've done with us. But I'm coming to you, because I owe it to you. I'm really, really sorry, Kai. I'm sorry I got you into this mess.''

I looked at Jake and his eyes reassured me he wasn't gonna let me get hurt. We headed to our house right away. As we drove, I said: ''This is it. I'm sorry it's such bad timing, but my brothers will finally find out. Whatever happens, happens. I just hope they don't kill you.''

He smiled nervously and said:''Me too.''

''Sally will explain everything. I know she will.'' I said, full of hope, hopefully not false.

He nodded.

I was scared. If Brad and Michael found us, they would hurt us. At that point I just hoped everything was gonna play out well. The chances of that were small, though.

During our short ride I told Jake everything about my visits to Sally's and her brothers and also what happened to me. He was shocked I didn't tell him, but I explained I needed to do it alone and he understood. 

When we came to our house, I told Jake to wait outside. I called all my brothers and asked them to sit around the table. Luckily they were all home.

When they were all where I needed them, I said: ''I have something to tell you.''

Dalton nodded like he knew what I was gonna say. And I think he really did know.

I took a deep breath and finally, after months of keeping it a secret, said: ''I have a boyfriend and he's standing outside.''

They took it better than I expected, but I still saw some annoyance in their eyes. 

Brian said: ''Well, bring him in, we wanna meet him.''

Peter added: ''And by meet, he means shake him up and threaten to kill him if he ever hurts you.''

I gave him a death glare and said: ''He won't hurt me, trust me. He loves me and I love him. But, there's a little problem. All of you won't be glad to find out WHO he is.''

''Oh, gees, don't tell me he's a criminal,'' said Ian and Peter (as always) added: ''Or 30 years older than you.''

''No, none of that. He's...'' I didn't finish my sentence as Jake came running into our kitchen. At THE most inappropriate time.

He stood in front of the whole group of brothers and for a second it seemed as though something had eaten his tongue. But I guess it was just the fear of all those angry eyes. Realization dawned on my brothers as quickly as anger settled in their gazes. Now they were shooting Jake death glares.

It didn't even take a second for Brian to attack him. Well he wanted to, but he didn't get to him, because Dalton grabbed him in time. Brian started yelling and Jake turned to me and said: ''Sally's here. She's outside. We need to hurry.''

I nodded, but Brian got to Jake and started attacking him. Dalton pulled him back, and my other brothers were arguing too. In that moment, it was chaos.

I knew it wasn't going anywhere, so I decided to put an end to the screaming.

I screamed so loud that even I was surprised. Everyone looked at me and I began explaining: ''Enough! You all need to listen to me now. I love Jake and I will be with him no matter what. But I'm not betraying you Brian. Jake didn't order those guys to beat you up. It was Sally's brothers. Sally, the girl you were both into. I've been hanging out with her lately to get the truth. As a matter of fact, she's here right now. She can tell you what really happened. But we need to hurry up, because there's a lot at stake here. Jake, go get Sally.''