Chapter 35: Epilogue

After a couple of months we were all sitting on a beach in Hawaii ... yes we went on vacation. A well deserved one.

Me, Brian, Peter, Ian, Dalton and guess what ... Sally. I knew she would forgive Dalton and understand. She actually apologised to me for what happened and thanked me. She said that without me, her family would have been dead. Her sister was doing well at rehab and her aunt was staying with her, while Sally was on holidays with us. We had become such good friends. She really was in a better place and ... I'm pretty sure I saw some spars fly between her and Brian. And then one day, I even caught them kissing in secret. Honestly, I wasn't surprised, not even a little bit. But they asked me not to tell anyone and I didn't. I respected their privacy. I guess they weren't ready to show their love for each other to everyone else. But it was their choice and I understood that now, more than anyone.

But Sally wasn't the only one we brought along. Jake joined us too. He came to the hospital the same day I woke up. He apologised and said he just couldn't bear to see me like that. He couldn't stand knowin it was partly his fault I was in a such position. In the hospital, hurt. He said he was sorry for everything and that he understood if I couldn't forgive him. He blamed himself and he was so afraid I would die. Cause then he would also die. He also told me he loved me. He told me he didn't want to live without me and couldn't. I understood, told him I loved him too, but that I needed some time for myself. He understood too. We were just friends then and we spent a lot of time together - as friends. I turned 17 and things were great.

But in the beginning of the summer the inevitable happened, because we just couldn't resist each other anymore. We were crazy about each other and we really loved each other. He showed me his love every day. Whether it was flowers, a necklace, or a kiss, he treated me like a queen. Like a soulmate, his true love. And his words weren't empty, but the exact opposite, they were full of love and care.

One day towards the end of our vacation in Hawaii, I was sitting next to him at the beach, staring at the ocean. I was leanings into him, so my bare back was touching his strong bare chest. I loved that feeling. The feeling of our bare skin touching. It felt like heaven.

While his calloused fingers stroked my arm up and down, he asked me:''What are you thinking about?''

I smiled and said:''How lucky I am. To have you and them.'' I pointed at my brothers and Sally playing and swimming in the water.

''I'm thinking that everything is gonna be OK now, because I have all of you. Because life has only just begun and we have our whole lives ahead of us.''

I turned to him and looked him in the eyes:''And it's looking pretty good.''