Chapter 3: Love at first sight

I was strolling down the hallway like always, when suddenly something unexpected happened. When I went to my locker to take out some stuff I bumped into someone. My things flew across the floor. I knelt down to pick them up and said:''I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking, I'm sor ...''

When I looked up, I gazed into the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. I became speechless. I forgot about everything else around me and focused on those eyes. I did not care about what had just happened or what the guy was saying (although it sounded like 'I'm sorry, it's my fault'), or the surroundings. His eyes mesmerized me. That's when I realized I was staring. I blinked and stood up.

''Are you ok?'' He said with the most beautiful voice. I finally had the chance to look at his face fully. It was gorgeous. He was gorgeous. 'Oh shit, what am I doing? No, no, no, think of something else.' I thought. I put myself together and nodded.

''Are you sure?''

'He's concerned about me, oh how sweet.'

He smiled and with that I thought I was gonna faint. He's just signed the death contract. Or maybe I have. 'Oh Kai, stop thinking, it just makes you nervous. Shut up, head.'

''Y-yeah, I'm sure, I-I'm fine, thanks.'' I managed to utter.

''Alright, if you're sure. Here, these are some of the papers you dropped.'' He said handing me the papers. I took them without looking away from his eyes.

'His eyes are like the universe, mysterious, but great. He has to be a part of my fate.' I thought. Oh, god, now I was making poetry in this kind of situation. I was going crazy. Better yet, this guy made me go crazy. But I mean, with those eyes, and lips, and with that voice... no wonder I was as still as a tree.

''Are you sure you're ok?''

I nodded again and he smiled again. This time I thought I was gonna melt.

''I'm Jake by the way. Jake Renner.'' He put his hand in front of him. 'Did he just tell me his name? OMG, what is happening?'

I squeezed his hand and said:''Nice to meet you, Jake.''

''Em, I don't think I got you name.'' He said and chuckled. 'Oh that smile!'

'Could I be even more stupid? Tell him your name, you clumsy, stupid girl. OMG if I don't fuck this up, it's gonna be a miracle.'

''Oh, Kai. I mean Kailynn, Kailynn Baker. But you can um call me Kai. Everyone does. Almost everyone.''

'Great, I messed up. Why did I have to say my name so many times? Aaaaggrrrrhhh. Stupid.'

''Well Kailynn Baker, or just Kai, nice to meet you, too.''

'O shit. Am I still holding my hand in his? Kai put you hand away right now. Or should I? How long do you have to shake hands? And I am still smiling, just like a stupid, little child. Stop smiling, or do I? Oh shit, I don't know what to do!'

''I guess I'll see you around then Kai. Have a nice day,'' He said and then left. I looked at him until he disappeared.

'Am I stupid? I've just blown this away. I just waisted my maybe only chance to know a guy. Better forget about him right away.'

But I couldn't.

I screamed in my head and walked to my locker.

'I have to tell this to Eva and Nicky.'

Remember what I said about me not having time for boys and not being into anyone? Well, forget about that, I think I'm in love.

I guess love at first sight does exist.