[FIVE]

Jaymee Viola Patterson

Zion had been calling me all weekend but I've been ignoring him. It was times like this that I didn't like not being the girlfriend. I'm not one for public attention but she got all the face time, with his friends and business partners. I rolled my eyes as my phone began to ring again. Blondie barked at it.

"Tell him stop calling me." I said as I picked him up.

I silenced it and turned on the TV. 'Set It Off' was playing. I heard the locks on my front door being twisted and knew it was Zion. His tall frame stepped into the door and looked over at me.

"I called you a thousand fucking times." He grunted.

"What you not about to do is come in here and start cursing at me." I rolled my eyes.

He slammed the door, making my face frown up.

"What the hell is your issue?" I stood up.

"You not picking up my calls. Fuck is wrong with you?" He asked.

"No, fuck is wrong with you?" I shot back. "Ain't you supposed to be out of town?"

"I came back early because you didn't pick up." He said.

"I'm alive. You see that. You can leave now." I said.

"You not gon tell me why you act like you ain't have a phone?" He said.

"Nope." I popped the 'p'.

"You childish." He smacked his lips.

"Me? You." I laughed.

"I ain't leaving until you tell me." He said.

"I didn't feel like talking. My other nigga kept coming to see me." I said.

"Bro, I'll kill you. You know that." He said.

"You get to have a whole bitch but I can't even think of another nigga? You are so fucking backwards." I chuckled.

Blondie stood between us and started to bark. I reached down to pick him up but Zion beat me to it. 

"Give me my dog, Zion." I said calmly.

"I bought him." He said as he sat on the couch.

I balled my fist up and swung, catching him in his lip. I didn't even care if he hit me back, I was so pissed at him. He came into my house slamming doors and cursing. Princess may let him cut up like that but he know better when it come to me. He set Blondie down and patted his lip. I busted his bottom lip and it was bleeding a little. He brushed past me, knocking me back a step. I followed him through MY house as he went to the bathroom.

"Get out, Zion." I said.

"You busted my shit up and telling me to get out? Hell nah. Can you get me some ice?" He asked.

"Tell Princess to get you some ice." I rolled my eyes.

He stalked over to me and grabbed me by my shirt, lifting me against the wall.

"Say something else about her." He stared at me.

I stayed quiet and tried to pull away from him so he would let me go. He gripped tighter.

"That's what I thought. Now go get the damn ice." He said as he let go.

I landed on my feet as he started to walk away from me. I shoved him and he kept walking into the bathroom.

"Ice. Now, Jay." He said as he looked in the mirror.

I went into my bedroom and pulled on my sneakers. I grabbed my keys and went to go out the door. Zion stood in my way.

"Man, move." I said as I tried to push past him.

He didn't move in the least bit. I used all my weight and pushed past him, making it to the front door. I hopped in my car and drove to my sister's. I pulled up and saw her and Leilani outside.

"Hey TT!" Lei said when she saw me.

"Hi Lei!" I smiled when I saw her.

She ran over to me and jumped in my arms. I swung her around before setting her on the ground. 

"What you doing over here?" E asked.

"I got into it with Zion and busted his lip." I said as I sat down.

She started to laugh. I smacked my lips and leaned on the stairs.

"He shouldn't have taught you how to fight like a lil boy." She said.

"I'm tired of him, E." I said as I closed my eyes.

"And by tired, you mean in love." She said.

I stayed silent, confirming her statement.

"Are you staying tonight?" She asked.

"Can I?" I asked.

"Yeah, Jay." She chuckled.

I laid my head on her thigh as she rubbed her hand through my hair.

"Thanks." I said.

We watched Leilani play. I wish I could go back to her age when I wasn't think about any boys and was just happy being alive. Now I feel like I can't live without him.